gopro question

got a gopro silver edition not long ago and ive used it in the kayak a few times and so far have great footage from fighting sharks. although im definitely satisfied with the type of footage im getting, the next one i want to stick the camera (in the waterproof case) underwater when the shark gets close and see what kind of shot i get that way. anybody here know how well that would work and how good the waterproof case really is?

The waterproof case works pretty well, just be sure it’s the waterproof back and not the open air back. As always, the better the vis the better the movie.

Here’s a movie I shot last October around Y-73 or the Gardens…vis was outstanding. I have a little home made camera holder and stick the camera in the water

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0sx5spwz8wjwdm/10-30-2013%20Sharking%20Charleston%20Offshore%20Sharks.mp4

One thing we’ve learned…after you dip the camera in the water, it’ll usually have a water bubble that will stick to the lens and mess you video while the camera is out of the water. Wipe off the bubble with your finger or towel. I think the case is good to 100 feet or so.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 19 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 1 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

I attach mine to the dive helmet you see right here

<--------And it works just fine

I’ve used mine alot down to 120 feet and never had an issue with it leaking. When I store it when not in use I leave the case open to keep pressure off of the seal, just make sure when you go to use it to clean the seal real good. Something as fine as a hair on the seal can let water into the case. I don’t think the shark would bother the camera but you never know.