Got2Go 12/17/18 Moultrie Stripers

It’s been a long time since I fished the lake, but gave it a go today. Launched in the canal around 930am and headed towards east side of Moultrie with 48 frisky herring, a bunch of dead bait, and a lifelong friend. We worked some fishy water 30-40’ and marked bait and fish, but only got one to commit. Around noon, tied on old faithful, Spro buck tail, and headed towards the dam area. Worked a hump and ended up with 7 over 26”. The biggest around 30”. Lost another 3. It was an exciting ending after a slow start. On a side note, there are lots of fish, especially females around. We did keep our legal limit for tonight’s dinner. Both fish were full of 4” baits and roe.

Philippians 4:13
Hanahan Fishing Club

Great day, thanks for the post! Glad to hear the 26 plus fish are biting for ya’ll.

Yessir. I’ve got to start fishing out there more, especially with my family. It’s so much easier on me and the boat. Not to mention, we saw 3-4 boats all day.

Hanahan Fishing Club

Keep posting and talking about it and a parking lot will form…

Thanks for the report. My son and I have been trying to find the stripper bite but have been unsuccessful lately. How deep were they when you got them to bite? Thanks for the update.

quote:
Originally posted by Got2Go

Worked a hump and ended up with 7 over 26”. The biggest around 30”.

Hanahan Fishing Club

Just curious, was the top of the hump shallow or deep?

17’

Hanahan Fishing Club