Got2Go 12/19/19 “Crappie 101”

Today, I took my son and his Papa to Lake Moultrie for our “Boys Trip II”.

The plan was to catch some Santee slabs with Joseph Dennis. The goal was to have fun and make memories.

Let’s just say that despite the New Jersey weather, we loaded up in the Epic early and dark with what seemed like a thousand minnows, chattering teeth, and high hopes.

As we watched the sun sizzle, our peaceful sunrise was interrupted by a hungry slab. It was a fast paced bite. Slab crappie, slab bream…slabs!

Despite the incredible bite, the bone chilling NE wind and mid 20s temperature was too hard to ignore.

Despite the action and layer upon layer of clothes, my 8yr old son could take it no longer after an hour or so. We headed in with enough slabs for a family fish fry and dreams of a big breakfast somewhere warm, :smiley:

Our trip was complete despite it being only an hour or so. Memories were made, my son and his Papa got to bond on a “boys trip”!

I have to say thank you to our captain, Joseph Dennis. You couldn’t ask for a better guide/man to share your trip with.
He was prepared, organized, instructive, positive, understanding, and patient.
Look him up or contact me if you are interested in a guide, freshwater or saltwater. He’s truly exceptional!