Got2Go 3/6/09.... 380/226 Hole and bottom bumpin'

I couldn’t stand it and rounded up Lynn and Jordan to go try some early season trolling. Hopes were not high, but optimistic. Left Shem Creek @ 4:30 and had lines in @ 7:30am despite taking a few breaks here and there. Trolled a 5 mile circle around the 380 and 226 hole, as well as criss-crossing in and out. Never had one bite…trolled a mixed spread of wahoo and blackfin baits. Highest temperature we saw was 67.4. We counted a whopping 12 baby flyers for the day. Oh well, it was fun to get the gear out and get back in the groove pulling baits and teasers, etc. Around 11:30am, we opted to start heading back in as the forecast was calling for it to pick back-up and hit some bottom. We ran 30-40mph the rest of the day as the ocean was following us nicely. Fished in 145’, nothing, but a lazy sea turtle. Fished in 115’, nothing but some lazy sunfish. I mean, what the crap! Decided to come into 85’ of water to a sure thing…remember, there is no such thing in life because the fish were gone…Ahhh! Around 3pm we tried one more spot in rather shallow and cold water and caught a few keeper cbass, grunts, and an undersized grouper. Called it a day @ 4pm and rolled back in doing close to 42mph. Great day of fellowship with Jordan and Lynn despite the constant ragging by Lynn and the slooowww fishing! Round trip 184 miles, 60 gallons of gas, and smiles on everyone’s faces! Hopefully, Jordan will post some picks from our “ECO Tour”.

Key West 21’6" BayReef
225 Honda
Tightlines and God Bless

3.07mpg , thats impressive.

Thanks again Andy! I’m sure my back doctor will be happy!:wink: Also, thanks for the frequent flyer miles I racked up!!
At least we saw a grouper, it has been a while.:wink:
What ragging??[:0]
Don’t forget about the dozen or so sharks.:smiley:
It was a great day out on the water with great friends (again, nice meeting you Jordan)!
The fishing wasn’t at all slow. Now the catching is a different story!:smiley::wink:

KeyWest
Bluewater 2020CC
Yammy F-150
Don’t believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see!</font id=“blue”>

Thanks Andy for the ride and it was great to meet you Lynn. Too bad we never did find that 72 degree temp break but at least it was fun to learn. At least I got to give the “Steady Shot” feature on my camera a good workout. I wanted to get better pictures of those two sunfish that were waving to each other, but they kept at a 45 degree angle away from us.

Monster Grouper, what kind?

Grouper

Turtle

Turtle

Turtle

Turtle

Turtle

Turtle

Turtle

Thing

Thing

Thing

Thing Underwater

Thing Underwater

14’ Pamlico 140 Angler w/ rudder
Switching to lead-free tackle.

That would be a baby gag

Dove huntin,hot oysters, and a mouth full of liquor, it dont get no better,i tell ya it dont get no better!-Bud Lemon

Great that’s what I thought but I didn’t want to call it the wrong fish and get railed for two pages on the forum :slight_smile:

thing under water…sunfish?

pioneer 197 yamaha f150

quote:
Originally posted by reel nauti

thing under water…sunfish?

pioneer 197 yamaha f150

Yep.