Government Shutdown help

Just passing this on if anyone is suffering through shutdown. Check with local Credit Unions as many are offering 0% interest loans during this time with proper authentication. Use the money wisely and when you get your back pay immediately pay off loans. So many wanting to gain sympathy attention when there are many work arounds.

Media is painting this like the end of the World, but many options are available to help families through this. Just wish the Left would let go of the Spite and Hate. oppps getting political. Not my intention in this topic. :smiley:

Good on them. Back in the day, we always had an emergency fund (savings) for just such an occasion. I guess now folks are more concerned with the latest IPhone, a new car, Starbucks addictions and such to be bothered with that.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Great Post, Fred!!

NN

I just read an article where a pelican named Bert is stranded at a federally funded bird rehab center. I’m sure he’d never qualify for a loan. What is he supposed to do for fish, etc…?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I just read an article where a pelican named Bert is stranded at a federally funded bird rehab center. I’m sure he’d never qualify for a loan. What is he supposed to do for fish, etc…?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Hope the Wall gets approved?

Some government contractors are just SOL. A lot of them are furloughed so they aren’t being paid AND they won’t get backpay when the shutdown ends.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

It’s not talking crap if you can back it up…and nothing can back it up better than facts.

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick

Some government contractors are just SOL. A lot of them are furloughed so they aren’t being paid AND they won’t get backpay when the shutdown ends.

This.
My better half is a federal employee-she’s considered essential, so she has to work without pay. At least she’ll get the back pay once this fiasco ends.
Contractors, on the other hand, get the shaft.

“Never argue with an idiot…he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.”