Government shutdown!

Got the phone call today. If our wonderful government parties don’t settle their differences, the government shuts down at 11:59pm Saturday night. Buck Hall will be running everybody off on Monday. I’ve got reservations through Thursday. Can anyone offer up a plan “B” in the area? 2 boats, 2 trucks, and 6 people.

Man I sure hate to hear that. I wish I could be more help. Hopefully it will work out. :crossed_fingers:

Not aware of any public landings in that immediate area. I know there is one (used to be) in McClellanville that you could pay to launch.

as of last year, i don’t believe MCVL ramp sells daily passes anymore, which kills me because i wanted to try cowpens

zero good options if buck hall and garris are closed. look up Gadsdenville, it is literally a dirt road that ends at the edge of a creek, a few commercial folks use it and it is basically a kayak launch unless you nail the tides.

if it’s bulls or bust, pay at IOP and make the run would be my best suggestion unfortunately

flip side next worst option would be poleyard on north santee and run south… at which point cowpens is about the same diff as the above

1 Like

in case you feel like rolling the dice, i can’t remember which of these places used to sell the day passes to MCVL ramp because they’re right next to each other and i’ve never been in either one

TW Graham & Co seafood restaurant 843-887-4342

Oscar and Cornelius gift shop 704-502-4721

1 Like

Thanks. I’m going to make some phone calls. AirBnB is my backup plan, but trying not to spend that much money!

1 Like

Those are the options park ranger told me. Everyone go next weekend and I’ll report when I try this weekend.:speedboat:

I believe the geniuses in D.C. have agreed to a 45-day extension so you should be good to go…for now.

1 Like