GPS/Depth Finder advice

What is the best GPS/Depth finder in the $1100 range? I don’t go offshore, and when I’m on the coast, it’s usually during shrimp season.

So much stuff changes (as far as price goes) in the next few months.

The $1100 you spend now to get something under the tree will go a whole lot further in February.

Whats more important to you, like screen size, resolution, refresh rate, type of transducer, brand, motor sync features, etc?

Make sure you get the latest NEMA input. Then you can access engine data like fuel flow etc.

It will probably be February or March before I actually pull the trigger. Like I said, the time I would need it the most would be during shrimp baiting season. I don’t know enough about them to know what features would be most important other than I want a big screen (9 inches or so) and I want to be able to find shrimp and have marine maps that will show me where I need to go if the water starts getting too shallow. For reference, I have been looking at Garmin Echomaps, which I believe are pretty good, but am open to any other suggestions.

In light of recent reports and pics I would look closely at the Simrad GO series. They come in sizes from 5 to 12 inch and do everything you are asking for, and more

Check out some of Stumpknockers last reports with pics of the unit in reel-time.

I want one now too, waiting for the February markdowns

Let us know which one you decide on

Thanks for the input! It looks like I have a lot of homework to do, but there is time. When I do make a decision, I’ll definitely let you know.