Great Bull Red Action+

Had a great trip this past weekend in Winyah Bay! Caught a tagged red and a small sea turtle too

Funny, we caught a turtle down in Florida a few years ago and when we released him he stuck around. We were fishing under floats and he kept going after our bait. We finally had to move to get away from him.

@DFreedom Thats interesting…this guy wasnt actually hooked. He just wouldnt let go until I pried his mouth open.

Nice report!

OP, sent you a PM

Here’s the report on the tagged drum…note where he was originally tagged.

I like it cobia,and people say that I bring a lot of fishing poles.haha haha The hats are good and the shirts have a cigarette pocket .Opti needs to get out there and tag some more fish so I can get me a new hat!

That’s cool

Hey welcome back man! Good to see some extra posts. Good job on the fish… come to think of it I havent caught a tagged fish in forever… Really cool on the turtle action too haha

How’s that runtime app you were working on? Throw in the towel or getting it refined? Spill the beans, lol.

1 Like

6 years later, that’s pretty cool. I’m not 100% sure but I think the guy that tagged it originally used to post on here too, can’t remember his screenname at the moment. Still awesome!

Hi @StumpNocker! Are you talking about the app that controls my live well? I’m still using the Wi-Fi version with a web app. Works great but I have to join the wireless network on my boat. It does not have an internet connection so it cause problems with other apps. There’s also a Bluetooth version that I’m fighting a bug on where my watch looses the connection state. It’s definitely a challenge but I expect to learn from it……that half the fun anyway.

2 Likes

Nice catch enjoy hooking those Bigboys

1 Like

Thanks @fatrat357 !!! I think I caught a total of 11 in two days. Those things can wear you out!!! Great cardio! I did gut hook several that I had to leave the hook in…I really hate doing that. I even shorten my leader to 3" and still gut hooked a few more…you got any suggestions?

I find it amazing that the fish you caught is 6 years old and swam that far. If he was that size at 6 years old or so, I wonder how old those 40+ inch guys are?

@DFreedom I am not sure how old he is but the distance traveled is very interesting.

Well, at least 6 years old.