Great White

Awesome post!! Love the scene from jaws and the actual picture was awesome too!!

Sheep slayer

Did you hear about the 16 ft 3000 lb. Great White caught, tagged, and released off of Hilton Head on Wednesday 2/21/18 ? Google it to see a short video.

BadBob

Polar 1910 BB 150 Johnson 2S

If you ain’t the lead dog then the scenery never changes

http://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/2018/02/21/fishermen-hook-two-great-white-sharks-in-10-minutes-couldnt-believe-it.html

It ain’t no mystery…this beer’s history!

My second cousin who was just a 17 year old boy was on board the USS Indianapolis when it was torpedo’ed in 1945.He was the last survivor pulled out of the water.Read “In Harm’s Way”,by Doug Stanton.Excellent book.

quote:
Originally posted by Creek Snake

My second cousin who was just a 17 year old boy was on board the USS Indianapolis when it was torpedo’ed in 1945.He was the last survivor pulled out of the water.Read “In Harm’s Way”,by Doug Stanton.Excellent book.

Japanese torpedo slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin’ back from the island of Tinian to Leyte. Just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes. Didn’t see the first shark for half an hour…Sometimes that shark looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And you know the thing about a shark, he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya he doesn’t seem to be living…until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then…you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin’ and the hollerin’, they all come in and they… rip you to pieces… So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945.

– Robert Shaw as “Quint” in Jaws

quote:
Originally posted by 40inchreds

I’ve never seen jaws but know the quotes.

You never seen Jaws ? Get outta here.
quote:
Originally posted by sman
quote:
Originally posted by 40inchreds

I’ve never seen jaws but know the quotes.

You never seen Jaws ? Get outta here.

I was thinking the same thing! Guess you and I are getting old. I remember Mom asking me when we were at Edisto why I wasn’t swimming. It took me a whole summer to get back in the water.

Now with this new Influx of Great White info, I don’t jump in for a cool off much anymore. That ping of Mary Lee off Morgan Island and the ones they removed from Charleston Harbor made me wonder just how many more are actually cruising around our coasts.

Then add in some of the monster Tigers being caught. To all of our off Shore Divers… Y’all are some brave men and women!

Ever time I hear Robert Shaw tel that story I get tears in my eyes! I can’t imagine haveing to stay in that water till pick up! Jaws is way past gone with the wind in my book!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9kxOu3E9pw

Ya, saw that when aired on EYV last year! Awsome!!

What struck me was how the men who went through it couldn’t talk about it even to their families for years and even decades.I never knew my dad’s first cousin Felton J Outland of NC was aboard the Indy until the mid 90’s when a front page story came out in Norfolk Va paper chronicling his story.17 years old and the last guy pulled from the water.I remember him saying the worst time was from when the rescuers arrived on scene until the time they actually got him out of water.He was afraid he was going to die by shark attack with rescue so close.

F.J. as we called him died in February 2016.

Just so happens I grew up in Menemsha. That’s where my buddy’s dad had the original “Orca” used in Jaws. Sorry to say we used parts of the Hull for a bonfire at a party back in high school. Dreyfuss spoke at our graduating!!!

Pete
24 Regulator
18 Seacraft
16 Whaler

Just so happens I grew up in Menemsha. That’s where my buddy’s dad had the original “Orca” used in Jaws. Sorry to say we used parts of the Hull for a bonfire at a party back in high school. Dreyfuss spoke at our graduating!!!

Pete
24 Regulator
18 Seacraft
16 Whaler

I’m watching jaws right now.Here’s to swimming with bow legged women haha .