green peanuts

Are there any still around? I want to buy a bushel.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

They just picked the field across from where I work. You should be able to find some.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

St.Julians has an ad in the post and couier. They had them by the bushel. They are in Eutawville,not a bad drive the number is 803-492-7556. You may call Limehouse Produce they may handle them.

Excellent, thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

IMO the best around come from Bentons at Sniders crossroads. Hwy 21 & 63 between Walterboro and Hampton 843-866-2702 Get em green or for a tad more ready to eat. God Bless Wendy Benton.

23Sailfish… getting to be slim pickings!

There are still a lot of peanuts in the ground around here, things are running late this year. Some people are just starting to harvest.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

You boiling them? If so, a super easy way to do a small batch is in a crock pot. Set it and forget it.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Boiling them the way Dad used to. I got the family secret recipe.

I think you can mail boiled p-nuts.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I love to eat 'em raw almost as good as boiled.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 19 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 1 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

quote:

this makes me wanna kick you in the groin

If you can’t find any PM me. I can get some for you.

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod
quote:

this makes me wanna kick you in the groin

I know you lifted that picture but, only a yankee would take the ends off of Green Beans with a knife.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

Try this; 5 to 6lbs peanuts, salt water and add 3/4 bottle (QT or Liter) of Crystal Hot Sauce. I have used Texas Pete, but the Crystal tastes better to most that have tried mine.

If I am starting them in the afternoon, I like to leave them in the pot overnite.

They are MUCH better than the salted only ones.

Lemme know what you think.

NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

IMO the best around come from Bentons at Sniders crossroads. Hwy 21 & 63 between Walterboro and Hampton 843-866-2702 Get em green or for a tad more ready to eat. God Bless Wendy Benton.

Need more of that incredible garlic!!!

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

I know you lifted that picture but, only a yankee would take the ends off of Green Beans with a knife.

Dang, I have to agree with Fritz… go figure?

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Where I grew up, we had a saying - “I’ll cut you man!” I got a horty chuckle out of than post right there… me thinks PeaPod got the message. Buhaha.

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

A big thanks to JIPRIDE. I owe you one, these look great. Saved me a trip and I was able to pick up on the way home.

quote:
Originally posted by sellsfish
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

Need more of that incredible garlic!!!

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Next time I’m in Summerville, I’ll bring you some. I’ve got some that is still good for eating and I’ll give you a few bulbs to plant. Just pick a spot out of the way in your yard(or in a plant pot) and it needs little attention.

Got a good stand just coming back up. If all goes well I planted a fence row as the horse and goat won’t eat it. About 60yards worth.

Back on topic, throw a dozen garlic bulbs in the pot with your peanuts. Pretty good like that. Also old bay, or some crab boil packets aint so bad. Once the son and I threw an old undated Salted ham from the freezer in the pot. That was some good pe