Grouper and Lobster found in Shem Creek - (Pics)

Went out with Bug Catcher Ed and Jimmy. With super slick seas we were ran around 35 mph. We went 35 miles to the Black Banks area, and Zach and I dove in 95’ of water around 10:00. Vis was 50 feet, bottom temp was 70. It was balmy… Shot some fish and went to another spot in 95’. We put Jimmy, Ed, and Jonas in the water, and not 10 minutes in, up pops a stringer with two bigs bugs on it… Thats why they call him… Third dive was Me, Loren (Photography), and Zach. It was a new number and the dive didn’t produce anything but a sweet Strawberry Grouper and some sore hands trying to pry out a lobster, again! Fourth dive was Jimmy, Ed, and Jonas again, sent up a few more gag and a couple more triggers. Final dive was me, Zach and Loren again in some SWEET Bug Catcher bottom in 70 feet. There were grouper everywhere, and vis was about 25’, bottom temp 66. I put some fish down, and Zach shot a MONSTER sheepshead. I popped up with big grouper on me, and I could see the bridge on the horizon, it was awesome. 1/2 hour ride in and we were drinking beer at Shem creek. Pictures to come tomorrow morning… We have a lot!

quote:
Originally posted by vmdupuis

Went out with Bug Catcher Ed and Jimmy. Super slick seas were ran around 35 mph. We went 35 miles to the Black Banks area, and Zach and I dove in 95’ of water around 10:00. Vis was 50 feet, bottom temp was 70. It was balmy… Shot some fish and went to another spot in 95’. We put Jimmy, Ed, and Jonas in the water, and not 10 minutes in, up pops a stinger with two bigs bugs on it… Thats why they call him… Third dive was Me, Loren (Photography), and Zach. It was a new number and the dive didn’t produce anything but a sweet Strawberry Grouper and some sore hands trying to pry out a lobster, again! Fourth dive was Jimmy, Ed, and Jonas again, sent up a few more gag and a couple more triggers. Final dive was me, Zach and Loren again in some SWEET Bug Catcher bottom in 70 feet. There were grouper everywhere, and vis was about 25’, bottom temp 66. I put three more gag down, and Zach shot a MONSTER sheepshead. I popped up with big grouper on me, and I could see the bridge on the horizon, it was awesome. 1/2 hour ride in and we were drinking beer and Shem creek. Pictures to come tomorrow morning… We have a lot!

Good job

“Tigress” '88 Mako 211
Luke 8:22-25

Here are some pictures:

and some more???

and finally, the kill…

wow…that must have looked like a clown car with 8 people in that sea hunt.

Congrats on the day.

Moscow in flames, missles heading toward New York, film at 11.

you mean 9?

intronetfishermansuperheros

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

sure. 9 it is. Unless the camera was on a timer.

Think the hull rating is 8 people on that boat. Either way, a nice haul.

Vic,
Sorry I never called you back. I erased your voice mail by accident before I wrote down you cell. I was out of town anyway, but thanks for the invite. Keep me in mind.

Stephen Goldfinch
“Sleep When You’re Dead!”
…Crabman

Picture is small, but looks more like a red grouper than a strawberry. Nice fish though. Crowded boat!!! I bet you had gear up to the gunnels!!!

man! you guys had a great day!!! wish i was out there my crew got busy, couldn’t go. ole grady (shawn)

There were 2 boats with 3 divers on each boat, and 3 fishermen/boat handlers between the two boats. But we did still have gear out the ***!!! Vic and I did 3 dives, so extra tanks. Was not bad at all with the ocean slick. Great times and a great crew!!

“Always check six”
Pioneer 197 Sportfish
150 Yamaha 4 Stroke

The MONSTER sheepshead weighed in at between 16 and 17 pounds on the Boga grip. Don’t have an accurate scale. Harvested in about 70’ on live bottom among the grouper. Pics to come.

“Always check six”
Pioneer 197 Sportfish
150 Yamaha 4 Stroke

That’s a nice mess of fish. Gives me hope that there is spearfishing life up there for when I move in the spring.

A note on the triggers. I have one or two take a chunk out of some skin and wetsuit while on the stringer. I always string mine through the mouth and out the gills to prevent their nasty jaws from clamping down on some skin.

TP - Loren says thanks, and asked why I didn’t do that before I let the trigger bite her…

Everyone else - 8 divers in a 23’ boat, you guys ARE dreamers. 1 diver = 3 fishermen’s weight…

Thanks a lot Ed and Jimmy, lets hit it again soon.

Jason- Your right, its a red, and it tasted GREAT blackened, I always have gear up to the gunnels

Steve- No worries, we’ll get out there soon. Vermilion anyone??

Phin- Thanks

Here is a photo of the Sheep.

“Always check six”
Pioneer 197 Sportfish
150 Yamaha 4 Stroke

Great work guys…

Weather looks good this Friday, and GREAT Sat & Sun. Wanna make another run this weekend? I’ll throw my 26 footer into the mix, if more space is needed.

========
PS: If a fly lost it’s wings, would it be called a walk?

Zach, that is a monster!

Man that’s a big sheep! Awesome underwater pics!

If you can’t tie a knot then tie a lot!

quote:
Originally posted by Skeeter_D

Great work guys…

Weather looks good this Friday, and GREAT Sat & Sun. Wanna make another run this weekend? I’ll throw my 26 footer into the mix, if more space is needed.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Scratch that… Weather just went to crap!

========
PS: If a fly lost it’s wings, would it be called a walk?