Grouper / Snapper slammed w/ Purpose One UPDATE

Left with PurposeOne, Edisto-fisher and one of his buddies around 6:30. Did not fool with livies no matter how many pelicans crashing around the Fort.
Got on the spot after a 40kt ride out on a slick ocean. Tried the jigs as we ascertained current direction and fish show. No bites on the jigs but outstanding show on the Lowrance.
Dropped cut bate down and put 2 or 3 scampers in the bote and got gagged hard, busting one of my snapper rigs at the knot. I had many of these bigger grouper up off the bottom but my 80# mono leaders popped. This was with 30# or so of drag to stop these fish though so it is to be expected. I was horsing a little too much with that low gear my Avets have. :smiley:
Anyhow… we anchored and caught 2 more scampers and a trumpet fish. Then I continued to bust my 80# snapper leaders 2 or 3 times before getting one nice 20-25# gag to the bote and got the aggregate grouper count up to 15. Also put a nice mangrove and a couple bucket liners in the bote. Turned loose about 4 short yellowmouths.
Then, the current changed, and we drove around and found an even better show on the bottom. Motor fished it to finish the grouper limit and also get 2 more nice mangrove snappers.
Edisto-fisher bout had a heat stroke but continued to fish. Them hillbilly boys aren’t used to the humidity I reckon.

We caught many grouper and lost many grouper. I used a “snapper rig” all day long tho so I do not feel so bad.
Good flash in the pan for me before I start school back and am restricted to internet fishing.

Brought home:
19 yella mouth
1 gag
(4 person grouper limit)

3 mangrove snappers
2 bucket liner snappers
1 king
1 reef donkey

Thanks, Capn. Rick!

catch of the day

Edisto-fisher

false report

trumpetfish
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/weadair/

Nice mangrove.

those boyz are OOC

Notice the Avet product placement below Edisto-fisher’s left elbow.

Luke 8:22-25

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

not sure why you still support them,they obviously don’t like the east coast…

“I have come to fish”

BOOM!:smiley::smiley:

Capt. Allen F. Davis
www.seafix.com

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Ranger
quote:

“I have come to fish”

This is true. I was told on the phone by an employee and one of the owners that you would be getting a call about the great great great grandmother of the fish above…

I don’t know what gives.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Ranger
quote:

i guess my phone has been broken…

“I have come to fish”

This is true. I was told on the phone by an employee and one of the owners that you would be getting a call about the great great great grandmother of the fish above…

I don’t know what gives.

“I have come to fish”

Saw you northbound on 17 in Redtop Sat. morning with the old hull. What is the e.t.a. on a replacement?

Please see updated post above

:smiley:

Nice work guys. You have my blessing to call this a “slam”.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

You were wise in not taking the bait here when I called it a slam with 1 snapper and 4 scamp. :smiley:

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

You were wise in not taking the bait here when I called it a slam with 1 snapper and 4 scamp. :smiley:

I can be a little leader shy sometime. I've been around the internet since Al Gore invented it...

Nice job on the Groupers!!! It’s got to be the shoes!!!

Those Mangroves are a nice treat. Trumpetfish is actually a Blue spotted Coronet.

beautiful fish… bright red with bright purple/blue and yellow spots.

The picture doesn’t show the color

Booomm!:smiley::smiley:

Capt. Allen F. Davis
www.seafix.com

mutton = good stuff!

quote:
Originally posted by edisto-fisher

Hey Phin, you failed to mention day one. Thought these folks might enjoy these pics too. My freezer now officially has twice as much grouper as you have. Thanks again P1,you da man.

GOT TO RESPECT THE DOUBLE DUCE in the corner!!!:smiley::smiley::sunglasses:
That is GETTO STYLE!!

“Don’t worry, I have a plan!..
Great a plan, Custer had a plan.”
All Rise - 31 Contender Fish Around with a pair of 250 Yamahas

:smiley::smiley:

Wait… After looking closer at the last picture. I am pretty sure that I see a 19 incher in there even with the tail fully pinched down.