Gulp Baits Melting

I opened two different packs of the swimming(curly tail type) baits and they were all stuck together. Does the heat do this or were they defective. I tried pulling them apart but they would tear up. The shrimp type baits were fine.

I have had several Z-Man baits turn into greasy puddles in my truck tackle box. I believe that the heat is a killer for the “softer” swim baits. Mine are in a clear plastic tackle tray with a lid. The 150+ degree temp inside the vehicle will melt most of the soft plastic baits. IMO.

21’ Sea-Pro CC
Yamaha 150
“Aquaholic”
2008 Dodge Ram Mega-Cab 4x4 6.7 Cummins

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
Ernest Hemingway

never had that problem? I’ve had them in the sun for extended periods several times. Now I have had to cut a couple of jig heads off due to me leaving them on in the sun. They shrink pretty good and get about as tough as leather.:smiley:

“My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you’ll join with me, as we try to change it.” – Barack Obama

quote:
Originally posted by TexasRed

I have had several Z-Man baits turn into greasy puddles in my truck tackle box. I believe that the heat is a killer for the “softer” swim baits. Mine are in a clear plastic tackle tray with a lid. The 150+ degree temp inside the vehicle will melt most of the soft plastic baits. IMO.

21’ Sea-Pro CC
Yamaha 150
“Aquaholic”
2008 Dodge Ram Mega-Cab 4x4 6.7 Cummins

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
Ernest Hemingway

Take the gulps back to your tackle store and they will replace. As Red said, buy the “buckets” of gulps and the Plano thingie. There is enough liquid in those that they will not melt. Mine is on the deck of the Bayboat and works great.

big dog

Never had a problem with melting, although I generally buy the buckets with super juice in it.

http://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/did_obama_urge_supporters_to_help_him.html

If I don’t have the bucket and its small packs, I keep them in a seperate plastic case and store them in a closet inside the house (when I can find room around all my wife’s S#%T)

Scout 22ft Winyah Bay

Keep them in the Gulp Alive buckets and you should not have a problem. You cannot store them in anything else. If there is enough juice in the zip lock bag them come in they will be ok. The buckets are the best though, and you can combine several differnt types with no problem. You can buy a bucket of your favorites, and then add others to it and dump the juice from the bags into the bucket. It really works that way and lasts a long time.

PioneerLouie
Pioneer Venture 175, Johnson 90
Summerville, SC