Gun ammo\mag rush...

Guns aren’t subject to devaluation from inflation. Cash is. They are hard assets with practical function.

I think the most practical SHTF firearm would be a .22LR rifle. The simpler and more dependable, the better. Hadn’t thought about a pellet gun, but that’s not a bad idea either. Shooting small game for food will be more practical than attempting to ward off attacks with large caliber weapons (I think).

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Guns aren’t subject to devaluation from inflation. Cash is. They are hard assets with practical function.

Everything is subject to depreciation.

First, Most, Biggest

PSA is going to have their base model AR for sale for $499 in a few days for 1 day only. That’s some depreciation right there. People paid what, $900, $1100 after Sandy Hook?

I don’t think this shooting is going to garner the same fear buying as the last.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Went to PSA today during lunch and they were swamped. I had to wait 20 minutes to even talk to a person about seeing a stuff behind the counter. The girl there said she expected it to stay that way through mid January…I’ve never seen them that packed. Maybe a combination of Christmas/fear?

www.baturinphotography.com

you guys talkin end times?

-wishes Macdaddy would come home

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

PSA is going to have their base model AR for sale for $499 in a few days for 1 day only. That’s some depreciation right there. People paid what, $900, $1100 after Sandy Hook?

I don’t think this shooting is going to garner the same fear buying as the last.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

They’ve been running that sale since 12/4 at all of their retail locations. Running their AR10 for $699 as well. 'Tis the season!

Earn it everyday

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

you guys talkin end times?

-wishes Macdaddy would come home

Oh boy…

quote:
Originally posted by Great White
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Everything is subject to depreciation.

First, Most, Biggest

Not true.
quote:

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

That's not depreciation. It's called "buy low, sell high"... I have several firearms that have never been shot. Many that I got good deals on that I could sell for what I bought them for or more.
quote:
Originally posted by archer
quote:

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

They’ve been running that sale since 12/4 at all of their retail locations. Running their AR10 for $699 as well. 'Tis the season!

Earn it everyday

Actually heard on the radio this afternoon they’re running that sale up to Christmas…or “while supplies last.”

Earn it everyday

It happens like this every year around this time. Prices are cheaper as manufacturers clear out inventory to introduce new models. Check the Ruger LCP for $199…think that’s a “sale?” Nope, new models coming soon. Cheaper prices, and the illusion of a good deal bring customers.

True, the run on guns since CA incident has increased, but it’s not like the Sandy Hook craziness.

As far as depreciation…hell no. They lose a little value once classified as “used,” but who’s gonna care when SHTF?

I consider my gun safe a bank vault of sorts. When cash is dead, I have things to barter.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat