gun help

Can anyone explain to me the AR models. To me it seems like its a pistol with a shoulder extension and barrel. Curious what the range is distance wise,etc…is there a better short barreled rifle that is semi-automatic? Any help or link would be great.

Google will give you anything you need on this one. If you are capable of CFC you should be able to go further and find all you need. Tons of links on this subject on Google.

As to “AR” models(assuming you mean assault Rifle), there are a ton of varieties. as to some seeming like a pistol, yes some are designed to be close to that in ease of use in close quarters and others in light weight design for long distance carry.

so what in particular do you want explained in AR models?

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Do your research on what is considered a short barreled rifle, a pistol, or just a rifle. Believe me, it matters very much to the Feds. The only thing that makes an AR (which doesn’t mean Assault Rifle by the way) an AR is the lower receiver. It’s the only part on the entire weapon system that has a serial number. Everything else that the weapon uses can be bought “over the counter” or through the mail. I have had several “kits” sent to my house. In my opinion after building several custom AR-15 rifles, is that there is just no such thing as “the most bad A$$ AR-15 ever.” They are very fun to shoot, easy to build, and unbelievably customizable.

If I am not mistaken, AR Pistols do not require a Federal Stamp. Short Barreled Rifles (SBRs) do. There are some very strict laws out there. Do your research.

Narcosis

I’ll echo what Narcosis says. Do your research on legalities of SBR and pistol.

I own two AR (Armalite Rifle) pistols, both with some sort of stabilizing brace on them. I can hit 10" steel with my 7.5" barreled 5.56 at 200 yards with a red dot. Don’t let barrel length and overall length make you think they’re not accurate.

As far as another “better” SBR that is semi-automatic…they all fall under the same laws. 16" barrel length is needed if a stock is on the gun. Again, do your research.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

quote:
.is there a better short barreled rifle that is semi-automatic?

Better for what? Given a choice in a gunfight, I’d pick my M1A over an AR. Just to go shoot cheap and have fun, the AR platform.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I started a similar thread a few weeks ago:

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=159561&SearchTerms=AR

Hopefully, all the info in there will help you as much as it did me. Good luck.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Here are the only AR models I know of. https://armalite.com

AR does not stand for “assault rifle”. Armalite Rifle

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Thanks for all the help everyone, i didnt know where to start to do the research, but this gives me a start. Was thinking of going to shooting range too to get the feel. Thanks again