guns and minors

are people under 18 allowed to own guns in charleston or sc?

not sure, but I bought my first .410 at 12 from sky city, got a 12 gauge for Christmas at 14 and got my first .22 at 16, then my prideful 30-30 at 18. Dad never let me have a pistol until I moved out and hugged Uncle Sam. That was a ruger mark II.

Don’t hold me to this, but I believe that no one under 18 may purchase or posses a long gun, 21 foe a hand gun, unless it is used in the presence of, a permit holder, or engaged in a military drill, competition, or target practice at a firing range.

18yrs old is the age to buy a rifle and a shotgun. 21yrs old is the age to buy a handgun.

quote:
Originally posted by idratherbefishing

18yrs old is the age to buy a rifle and a shotgun. 21yrs old is the age to buy a handgun.

Love to hear the logic they used to make up these age restrictions…

Do you disagree with these ages?

Age is not the measurement in my opinion… But we can’t measure maturity. I know forty year olds that shouldn’t be allowed to own sharp knives, much less firearms.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Do you disagree with these ages?

Age is not the measurement in my opinion… But we can’t measure maturity. I know forty year olds that shouldn’t be allowed to own sharp knives, much less firearms.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

My thoughts exactly.

Double D.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

I know forty year olds that shouldn’t be allowed to own sharp knives, much less firearms.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

thought I gave you that knife back???

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Lol gotta agree with Sailfish and DD. Add to that list power tools, lighters and matches, forks, tooth picks, anything with a motor, I work with the public and meet people everyday that I’m amazed lived to adulthood.

Key West 1520
70 Yami
She’s little, but she’s pretty, skinny and fast.

I think this thread is starting to tie in nicely with a couple of other threads that are running right now. Actually I’m sort of watching a rerun of Cops right now and thinking about the 80/20 theory Skinnee mentioned recently.

Key West 1520
70 Yami
She’s little, but she’s pretty, skinny and fast.