Gunsmith for wooden stock work

Who do you recommend for getting a wooden rifle stock shortened and recoil pad installed? Pretty simple job, but need it done right.

Gun doctor has always done right by me.He’s on 17A between Summerville and Moncks Corner.

Not sure why you’re shortening it but if it is for a kid , I’d do it myself and when he gets bigger,order one of those new plastic ones they come out with.They are supposed to be better than wood.Thats what I did a few years back.

Just order a youth or compact stock from Boyd’s, you’ll come out cheaper.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

It is for a kid. I want it done the way I described because it’s a 30-30 lever-action with sentimental value. I’d like to take about 2" off the back, then add back the thickness of a recoil pad. So maybe a net decrease of length by 1" or so, and have a cushy pad instead of the hard plastic plate that’s on it now. I’ll be creating a “purpose built” youth rifle for my family out of a gun that means something to us while preserving its looks.

Ive got a pad that can be gound to fit if your interested, pachmayr decelerator.