Handyman recomendations/

Hey:

The guy I used for various smallish stuff around the house retired and moved away recently.
Can anyone recommend a good local guy?

Current issue is that it looks like our small upper deck allowed water to enter the outside ceiling of our grilling deck below. This caused some blistering of paint (which us how I noticed) and the wood to rot.
I pulled some of the rotten wood away just to make sure it wasnt termites.
Thanks a lot

Where are you located?

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

Just my opinion (as a professional engineer) only looking at the one picture, but you are likely going to have to rip out portions of the deck above and the ceiling below in order to properly waterproof the area if you want to prevent this happening again. It’s likely you will need to re-deck the upper portion with Advantech or marine grade ply and then install a waterproof membrane such as Seal-o-flex or other type of EPDM product. If you want it done properly this may be a little more than a job for a handyman and may want to consider a roofing or waterproofing company. This appears to be not unlike skylights, which are notorious for leaking.

Narcosis

I think some contractor’s about to have a Merry Christmas.

[quote]Originally posted by TheMechanic

Where are you located?

Hello

I’m near the Old Village, just of Ben Sawyer.

I actually got a good roofer recommendation from here earlier, I will see if they can take a look as well.

thanks a lot