Haven't the foggiest..

My top drawer in my nightstand is my catch-all. Pretty much anything that’s in my pockets that I think I’ll need some day.
I clean it out a couple times a year. usually pitch about 80% of the stuff . Go figure.
But the things probably been in my drawer 10 years or better. Just don’t never get thrown away.

Anybody got a clue what it is??
It has made its way from my nightstand to my reloading table.
It’s some kind of steel. A magnet will grab it. It’s pretty heavy for its size. My scale maxes out at 3 oz… it exceed that. Scale says overload. Let me nip this. Yes I have a scales for reloading. Grains, grams and ounces.

Looks like a carbide cutter for a woodturning tool (see link). Could be for cutting something else but it has the same countersunk hole for a screw to mount on a handle or something.

Ci1 SQ Carbide Cutter - Square | Easy Wood Tools

Looks like a Bushing, for some sort of Puller? Or, Maybe a Brass sizer, from one of the Lee, hand-loading kits? Last guess would be one of those things that comes in a tool kit from Ikea, to put their furniture together, that you never quite figure out what it’s for?

Torque fastener? With the stamped numbers for adjustment?

What’s in the hole? Lay a coin next to it for size perspective

1 Like

Taking another look, the hole in the lower pic looks to be off center? It might be a shim to set the castor/camber on the front end of a truck?

Scratch my guesses, I got it on good authority (EF1) that it’s a bit for a Wood Lathe.

1 Like

that was my first thought… number representing orientation of bushing.

The hole is centered. Same width all the way around. The number seven does have a slight taper on the edge.

Above :point_up: say it’s a wood lave dye cutter don’t know the proper term

You have a lave? It must cut dowel rods?

Here’s the pic EF1 sent me, saying it’s a bit for a Wood Lathe.

Uh yeah, that’s what I said. I have several of those.

2 Likes

So lemme get this straight… the ef guy reads the forum enough to see this stuff, then talks about the forum outside of the forum but doesn’t want to post in the forum… maybe it was rbf who did a number on him.

This whole thing is like my own little soap opera that I get to look in on while I have downtime at work. :laughing:

1 Like

AGREED, we do have a ““soap opera”” going on in here, and it HAS run off several members including EFand one of our all time greats, 23 Sailfish???

WHYYYYY admin, WHYYYYY???

1 Like

Looks like you’ve got it covered?

Any questions?

that’s funny

I’d guess a lot know each other more than admitted.

IGNORE is your friend.

OK, continuing right along,whats this?

Old school track lighting?

Porcelain light sockets?

Old string of lights…Paulding Bakelite inline lights…I see there are probes to stab the wire in those two grooves…and a cast iron pot, lol

NN