Heart attack - two stories

I haven’t checked back on this thread in a while, but I’m glad to see all the responses. It can probably help many lurkers who might read it. A little update on my neighbor. He is doing great, and feels great. So glad to still have him around :slight_smile:

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

I can speak from experience. I had a massive infarct 16 years ago - 40-60 lbs overweight smoked 2 packs of Winston’s a day. Uncontrolled type 2 diabetes 10 stents in my coronaries. The signs can be quite subtle and can be different for each person. For me the chest pain was very much like indigestion - the real pain was in the left side of my neck & jaw, left arm and a spot right between my shoulder blades. Like painful cramps. It wouldn’t go away . No position hot cold nothing made it stop hurting. The Dr found the block in my LAD and burst the artery attempting to install my 11’th stent - the result was 5 artery by-pass and a very difficult and expensive recovery.

Forward to today - I’m within 20 lbs of my target weight, control my sugar and diet. Most importantly, I’ve been smoke free for 16 years. My dr told me sometime back that if it wasn’t for tobacco , he would have to find another line of work. Heart pain radiates. you will feel so bad. Get your self a ride to the hospital or you’ll need a hearse

when I was 37 I was having chest pains for quit a few days, finally I went in to urgent care, after ambulance ride stress test etc, I was discharged. I spent the next few months with upper gi and lower gi. No answers. Since I’ve been back to urgent care 2 more times, cardiologist etc. Every time my chest arm and jaws hurt. Not sure if indigestion and my bad anxiety takes over. Scared to death each time. I even did a heart ultra sound all clear. I will be that guy that drops dead, cause I can’t afford to go back. But that’s just me.