Helen, GA

The wife wants to go. Looks like a lame tourist trap to me. Anyone been? Whats it like?

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

City itself doesn’t do it for me… not quite lame tourist trap bad but nothing special.

There is some good trout fishing and believe it or not wine around there though, and they throw a wicked oktoberfest

I say this in all sincerity as one that has been to Helen several times; If I ever discover that I have one day left to live, I want to go to Helen because I know it will be the longest day of my life. It is touristy, crowded, has mediocre food. Can you say “cheese”? I will say that if you like hanging out and drinking all day, you might like it provided you have a hotel in town. There are much nicer mountain towns to spend a day or weekend.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

Thanks for the information. Appreciate it.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

If your wife still wants to go, try to talk her into going for just a few hours. She will see for herself…

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

So, is it better or worse than Pigeon Forge? This is what I imagine when its described above…

Myrtle Beach?

If I get murdered in the city, don’t go revenging in my name…

Take her to South of the Border:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

So, is it better or worse than Pigeon Forge? This is what I imagine when its described above…

Myrtle Beach?

If I get murdered in the city, don’t go revenging in my name…

Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg have gotten out of control! No longer our mountain destination.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Take her to South of the Border:smiley:

I still can’t wrap my mind around that place… Strange at best, but somehow ghost town redneck allures folks… Growing up, all we saw were Pedro signs to the beach and it wasn’t even headed in the right direction…

I believe the Gay Dolphin and Pedro Enterprises should merge to ensure the queerest and hokeyestness experience ever…

RBF

One person dead from such is plenty… No need to go get locked away…