Help Getting Refund for Cruise

We along with many other folks had a cruise booked during spring break with Royal Caribbean. When the Covid-19 issue arose, we immediately started following up with Royal to find the status of the cruise and what to anticipate. This process started in March. The cruise ended up being canceled and we opted to get a full refund. The other option was 125% on a future cruise.

We have been refunded for our excursions, but are still out of pocket for the actual cruise. Two weeks ago, we were assured we would have our money refunded by April 18. That date has come and gone. After an hour on the phone tonight, we were pretty much told that Royal did not have the funds for reimbursement at this time. We are expecting a call back tomorrow, and if not, we will follow up with them.

Does anyone have any experience with International companies and how to handle such? Our fear is that Royal is going to end up filing bankruptcy and we will never see our money.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sadly, you may be screwed. If they file for bankruptcy, the little guy (you) will be last on the list of creditors that will get any money. Even then, it will be pennies on the dollar. I’m sure the cruise line companies, airlines, etc. are waiting to see how badly they are impacted and whether or not they actually have the money to issue refunds. I wish you luck.

On another note, a lady that works for me has a cruise planned for July. Because of cancelations, the price of their cruise has gone down and they got credited $1,700. Personally, you couldn’t get me crammed on a ship with a bunch of people after this.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?