Help with fishing tackle for intracoastal?

Need your suggestions. I’m going to be helping a friend of mine move her 38’ sailboat from Lake Erie to Ft Myers Florida this fall. My leg of the trip will probably be in mid to late October for two weeks and we will probably be in the North Carolina and South Carolina Intracoastal waterway. Perhaps as far south as Georgia/Florida. As with all trips scheduling is difficult due to weather, boat issues and more.
I would like to bring along a few fishing supplies to fish from the boat while at anchor or from a marina in the evening or during a bad weather day. I’d like your suggestions on what fishing gear to bring with me. Keep in mind I am very limited in the amount of gear I can bring with me. I’m thinking I would bring some type of jointed rod and reel along with some lures and also some terminal tackle for live bait.
Suggestions are much appreciated. I’ve done a little saltwater fishing in Florida but I do mostly freshwater fishing on Lake Erie, so I’m not real familiar with this area. Thanks for your help.

Look up Carolina rig with 1 oz (to 3 oz) egg sinker… use small hook (1/0), catch small fish on minnow or shrimp. Switch to big hook (3/0+), use cut bait for big fish. Repeat often.

quote:
Originally posted by DillyDally

Look up Carolina rig with 1 oz (to 3 oz) egg sinker… use small hook (1/0), catch small fish on minnow or shrimp. Switch to big hook (3/0+), use cut bait for big fish. Repeat often.

Repeat repeat repeat. This is simple solid advice that will no doubt put you on something.

This should be this websites Motto

Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn’t go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks.

Grub
20lb Fluorocarbon leader 16-20 inches long (optional).
3/8 or 1/4oz Jighead with curl tail grub. I prefer Gary Yamamoto 4" single tail grub.

Carolina Rig
swivel
1-2oz egg sinker depending on current.
20lb leader (fluoro or mono) 6-8inches long
2/0 Owner Mutu Light Tournament circle hook 5114T-121 (blue label with “Tournament” sticker).

Popping Cork
DOA slim popping cork.
20lb fluoro leader, about 20" but adjust length for depth of water.
2/0 Owner Mutu Light Tournament circle hook 5114T-121 (blue label with “Tournament” sticker).