Helping the turkey population on my stand

Trying. Got 19 coons, 8 possums, 3 yotes and some aquatic folks. 4 beaver and an otter.

Im not even really trying hard on the coons and possum. As in number of traps.

I can’t even wrap my head around what damage to any nesting bird could be brought upon them…for a couple of months that those raiders probably are aware of searching every night…If they hatch, then until the poults can fly.

Funny, but gotta mention. Black dude I know wants em to eat. No problem, as I have a couple in freezer to try.

Caught one in a live trap about month ago and called him. He was like no, it’s breeding season so let it go. hahaha, I sure did.

NN

my grandma use to cook up some coon perlot in a big pot. i was a kid and didn’t know any better and it ate good.

I won’t eat a possum, unless I’m starving, really starving. Coon is good if prepared right. On the possum thing, … Probably much tastier than a coon. Just a mental thing.

Looking back over this thread with a cup of coffee, sounds like your property must have a lot of Natural food sources and few predators or hunters in the area. Sure glad you got the coyotes and beaver. It’s amazing the damage a beaver can do. I was told that they will even go into a corn field and do more damage than a passel of hogs. Hopefully your deer hunting will be just as good!

The turkey population thanks you.

I’ve heard that Beavers will eat pot plants also…

I invite them over to dinner not for dinner

Save the turkeys! Eat mo chicken

1 Like

Someone told my if you leave your wallet laying around they’ll eat that too…

Tried some possum at a wild game cook years ago. Yuk, took awhile to untaste that!!

NN

OTC, got just over 4 acres of Hemp growing…when I retire next year, may try a spicier variety.

Just to bait up the beavers, ya know, hehe.

NN

I think I remember her

Her meat was even gray…was cleanly shavedorshould have been…There’s your sign…or should have been…

NN

Snagging a late Ribeye. Almost done. I’m telling ya. this one plus incher is the freaking bomb>>>

Recteq 575 and Boom.

May take a pic…

NN

Pretty much mirrors this from few days ago…

NN

that looks fantastic DoubleN. the wife baked a corn beef brisket, dang thing turned out delicious

. Mashed turnips and sautéed kale from the garden.