Hey 23 is it fig season?

Ricky
Are the figs ripe? Anne will be near your neighborhood this week.

They are on the Hungryneck side.

Mine are usually ready about the first week of August. Same time as pears and muscadines.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Mine are almost gone. Many got ripe during a few rainy days and ruined em.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 22 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 18 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Giving him reason to brag on the size of his fig trees again. I hat this thread already. This gonna make him bump his fig thread and pics. Thanks alot TB

Pea,it could be Lemons:wink:

Mine are almost ready

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Giving him reason to brag on the size of his fig trees again. I hat this thread already. This gonna make him bump his fig thread and pics. Thanks alot TB

Nothing more annoying than a man who brags on the size of his fig leaf…I mean tree.

The Pod sent off $72.56 for a Fig Leaf Enlarger, he saw advertised on the internet! He got mad when it arrived in the mail! He opened the box and there was his new magnifying glass!

Tell her to come on by. Started picking them about two weeks ago…tons left. Come get them before the crows do!!

Can you make wine out of figs? Never heard of anyone doing it, but it should be good!

http://www.homebrewit.com/recipe-for-fig-wine

Thanks 23! If I read that right, you can substitute raisins for the figs. So what that tells, me is you can’t make wine that has a fig flavor?

I have no idea. You’d have to ask one of the home brew guys. That ain’t me, but there’s a lot of them around.

Thanks Ricky - I’ll let her know.

You can Easy. Most of the time if you’re targeting a specific fruit flavor in the finished wine, you add fruit juice / syrup at the end of the process after fermenting. We did a blackberry Merlot last year that was a really good after dinner wine.

I would think there would be some fig flavor using a straight mash. My Aunt’s fruit wines were always delicious.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

Thanks Too Busy! My thought is, if you make wine out of a fruit, you should be able to identify the fruit, by tasting the wine!

Heck, Ripple makes good after dinner wine for most of my bunch!

I prefer MD 20-20!

quote:
Originally posted by Too Busy

Thanks Ricky - I’ll let her know.

Let me know when. I’ll be out of town Thursday through Sunday but there will be someone here house sitting and watching the dog. I just need to tell them to expect her.

My fig tree