Hey OTC.... you need this pistol

My nephew beat me to it and got a 5.7 made by smith and wessen from PSA for $650. Sweet shooting pistol with no recoil. First time shooting it I got 4 out of 4 at 20 yards in a beer can. I was a little low but great grouping. I’ve always wanted one but prices kept me away. They used to be upper $2000.00. They have all kinds of Nato rounds for this rascal and many civilian versions. 22 round mag. double the muzzle velocity of a 9mm. comes threaded for a muffler.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/smith-wesson-m-p-5-7-pistol-5-22rd-13348.html

1 Like

I almost got a FN a couple years ago.
But a bit out of my budget.

I wish they’d hurry up and open the new PSA here in Myrtle Beach.

Cool weapon. The last thing I need is another caliber weapon.

Dfreedom, I’ve wanted one of these for 15-20 years. Always been out of my price range and then ammo was too hard to get. I personally think Smith and wesson has gone down hill, but they are still a step above Taurus. For what this caliber pistol was costing, $650 is a good price from what they were. This thing shoots like a dream. No recoil and super accurate… even out to 100 yards. For many rural carriers that might run into four legged critters more than two legged ones… this thing is fantastic… imo.

I talked to the wife about the 5.7 while we were walking the dogs. I don’t’ need it but I would like to have one. I still got some money stashed away from when I sold my Lightning she doesn’t know about.

I don’t conceal carry very often, what you guys using and what style holster for comfort with an active lifestyle? When I do it’s a springfield compact sd 40 with extended mag. … Gives me a place to put my pinky.

Thanks Fred, I went and got one,a real sweet shooter.Hope to get some armadillos tonight that have been digging holes and causing the old lady to nag.Well guess I’ll have to get a long nap if I’m gonna be on patrol tonight.They love to come out after a good rain.

1 Like

Buddy of mine got a PSA Rock w/ threaded barrel not long ago. Likes it a bunch. With a suppressor, he says its a hoot to shoot. Ammo is still kinda pricey.

2 Likes

You’ve beat me to it. Thought of getting an optic sight for it? I’ve heard they are very accurate out to 100 yards. Dang armadillos can really mess up a lawn. Shoot em sman!

Never thought about an optic sight.You talking about a scope? When you start mixing up the R&R tonight,how bout posting a link for the best one. I’m not good with the internet.

red dots are popular

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sights-optics-scopes/red-dot-sights/handgun-red-dots.html
https://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-venom-red-dot-top-load-3-moa-dot.html

1 Like

In my experience, red dots are a waste of time, and money, on a pistol farther than a few yards.

Try to hold the red dot on a target yourself.

The farther away, the more you sway off of the target

Iron sites are much better for me.

Just my honest opinion…

1 Like

Man I had sig p320 with a Red Dot. Thought I was going to be Jerry miculek. WRONG… Wife has a p320 compact with the Red Dot. She shoots it well. And I don’t believe a red dot is the best choice for in the dark…

1 Like

No sir. not a scope. My first r&r at mid night… a couple beers earlier. here is a link to what I’ve got in mind … I’ve not used one so I have no personal input other than I’m interested… Personally I’m an iron sight dude, but willing to explore. 12 Best Pistol Red Dot Sights [Real-Views + Video] - Pew Pew Tactical

I have not shot this, but it’s interesting.

Don’t own 1. Have shot the carbine and the pistol. Shot a FN. The carbine was I believe they called FS 90. Funky Little weapon. Both of them a lot of fun and no recoilers speak of.
But I would take the 9 over the 5.7 for self-defense.

The S&W malfunctions when the magazine is fully loaded. I hope they have a recall on them

Hey OTC , would 3 Marines against 40 thugs be a fair fight?

asking for a friend

1 Like

No really you could make this firearm in your garage work shop

Free of oversight like forging your own knife

Little collector…

1 Like

I bet that’s a blast to shoot.