Hey Rapchizzle

Update says 180mph later today. Julie said you dragged your boat up and chained it to a tree or something… cowabunga dude?!

Hold on Rap

HADDRELL’S POINT TACKLE & SUPPLY
Your Complete Sportfishing Center
www.haddrellspoint.com
www.facebook.com/Haddrells.Point

I’ll tell you this much, Rap is the smartest dude there. He ain’t gonna have no problems.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

he might be without reliable internet access, but I did see a Facebook post from him saying he was ready, and he is expecting some pretty nasty weather…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Hope he has battened down his hatches.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Anyone heard from Rap?

His mama heard from him and he is OK - she posted on FB -

“Family & friends of Chris Rapchick - we have just heard from him by text. He is safe (Thank you God) and they sustained only minor damage at his place on St. John’s. No power but that is to be expected. He does have cell service but it would be best not to call or text him right now so that he can conserve the battery usage until the power is re-connected. Their power lines are down so it may take some time for the power to be restored.”

The islands have been destroyed. We are fine and sustained only superficial damage to our porch railing but there are many others who experienced total loss. I have heard that the place where we put the fishing boats got wiped out but I have not seen pictures. Luckily, I have not heard of any fatalities or major injuries on St John although there are already reports of many on both St Thomas and Tortola. The other end of St John known as Coral Bay got hit very hard and we still haven’t heard much news from anyone out there. Cell service is super spotty so all we are hearing is word of mouth.

I have heard that the airport and hospitals on St Thomas were wiped out so it will be a while before we can get many supplies in but I do believe there are three navy ships either here on on the way with a bunch of marines to help out.

We could use any prayers you have the chance to give.

Chris

Good to hear from you Chris. Stay safe buddy. Let us know if there anything we can do.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Glad to hear you are okay. Your life gets more interesting every day.

Maria is bearing down on the islands right now. I finally got off St John to PR a couple days ago and am currently sitting in the JFK airport overnight due to weather delays from Jose.

The island was destroyed before and I am not looking forward to seeing what Maria does to it. There are still plenty of people without shelter or consistent food and water. Many of the aid organizations including the military pulled out of the VI for the short term until Maria passes. Things aren’t going to be good, of that I can be sure.

Folks have been asking me about donating and relief efforts and whatnot and I would recommend looking into St John Relief which was formed by a few STJ buddies of mine as well as St John Rescue. Kenny Chesney has been immensely helpful and generous to provide supplies and aid and ride out of there for many many of my friends. His organization is Love for Love City and I believe there is a fundraiser being held on Folly on Oct 1st.

As of now, my plans are to come to Charleston for a few weeks before going on a long term trip to either SE Asia, Central America or Patagonia and the southern part of South America. I will most likely fish in Alaska again next summer before returning to the VI to fish again. The place I called home in the Leys got a pretty hard hit from Irma as well so I may end up spending some time there helping to rebuild and clean up if that opportunity arises.

quote:
Originally posted by Rapchizzle

Maria is bearing down on the islands right now. I finally got off St John to PR a couple days ago and am currently sitting in the JFK airport overnight due to weather delays from Jose.

The island was destroyed before and I am not looking forward to seeing what Maria does to it. There are still plenty of people without shelter or consistent food and water. Many of the aid organizations including the military pulled out of the VI for the short term until Maria passes. Things aren’t going to be good, of that I can be sure.

Folks have been asking me about donating and relief efforts and whatnot and I would recommend looking into St John Relief which was formed by a few STJ buddies of mine as well as St John Rescue. Kenny Chesney has been immensely helpful and generous to provide supplies and aid and ride out of there for many many of my friends. His organization is Love for Love City and I believe there is a fundraiser being held on Folly on Oct 1st.

As of now, my plans are to come to Charleston for a few weeks before going on a long term trip to either SE Asia, Central America or Patagonia and the southern part of South America. I will most likely fish in Alaska again next summer before returning to the VI to fish again. The place I called home in the Leys got a pretty hard hit from Irma as well so I may end up spending some time there helping to rebuild and clean up if that opportunity arises.

Other than these storms, sounds like you are living the dream!! So what fish have you not caught, what was your favorite catch, and what do you look most forward to catching again?

Prayers sent Rap.

“Why Bruce?”