Hey

Just wanted to say hello.
Hope you are all doing well.
Have some great news. My daddy served on the USS Salem while in the navy. in fact he was part of the last crew that served on board before it was decommissioned in its last year. He thought it had been scrapped. I heard stories of “those days” and saw pics of him all young and thin…some with a stack of beer cans on a table and a pretty girl on his knee hahaha… so I researched it and found not only had it not been scrapped…but it had been taken to Massachusetts and redone and is now a museum. We jad talked about going to see it…something definately on daddys serious bucket list. .this week he will be going to see it. It’s been 60 years since he last saw her. My aunt and uncle are taking mom and daddy. I wish I could be there bit can’t make the trip. Too long of a ride for me now.
So very happy for him amd will post pictures when I get them :smiley:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

That is awesome! Except for you not being able to go… They will take plenty of pictures and it will be just like you were there!!

Good to hear from you Mrs. Penfishn!!

So simple math… 60 years and your dad had to be at least 18 (unless he fibbed like my dad did:smiley:). That puts your dad close to mine. He’s 84, fought in the Korean and Vietnam wars/conflicts. Silver star, bronze star, and a few purple hearts. Our Dad’s are tuff as nails!!

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

That’s really neat!
The third USS Salem (CA-139) is one of three Des Moines-class heavy cruisers completed for the United States Navy shortly after World War II. Commissioned in 1949, she was the world’s last all-gun heavy cruiser to enter service and the only surviving heavy cruiser… She was decommissioned in 1959, after serving in the Atlantic and Mediterranean. She is open to the public as a museum ship in Quincy, Massachusetts

Penny that is awesome. Sorry you could not go with him.

That sounds like a great trip, sorry you can’t make it with them. Glad to hear from you, I think I speak for many of us when I say, we really miss your photos. Glad you are doing well. Hope to see you at the oyster roast.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I’m doing ok…learning to adjust to change I’ve had to make. We will definately see yall at the oyster roast. WOuldnt miss it and loo forward to seeing my many friends there.
I’m so excited for daddy!

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

you said hey, not hello:stuck_out_tongue:

j

Penny, I had to look that ship up, to see what kind it was! Heavy Cruiser, with big guns! Seems to fit your Daddy’s image! Glad it wasn’t an oiler or tender of some sort:smiley:

Glad to hear you are doing well. Have a great Thanksgiving.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving also !
They left this morning for their road trip…I’m so excited for them ! Clled daddy at 0400 when they were getting g ready to leave…told him my heart was with them. I sent pictures of my daddy as a young sailer to the lady in charge of the ship.

They are looking forward to his visit .also. So wonderful he gets to do this.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Daddy had a wonderful visit to his ship yesterday…a some pictures on my Facebook page. Penny bruns…but will steal mom’s camera disc when she gets home and post some here :slight_smile: what a blessing for him… :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16