High end steaks

Sams in Augusta was selling the Kobe (said Kobe) for $35 lb. Man that stuff was marbled, tender and delicious.

Endulged a couple times on the Ribeye!!

No longer selling. Guess is low sales…

Looking great there, Fritz!

NN

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

Sams in Augusta was selling the Kobe (said Kobe) for $35 lb. Man that stuff was marbled, tender and delicious.

Endulged a couple times on the Ribeye!!

No longer selling. Guess is low sales…

Looking great there, Fritz!

NN

I’d be really surprised if it was really Kobe Ribeye @ $35. a pound. :question:

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

No hate Freddie, I prefer to pick mine outta the pasture, instead of the WinnDixie meat department. I’ll take you up on the ground beef challenge, anytime .

Those are beltie/angus cross in that picture, just over 5 months old.

No doubt, so would I. On the cross, we have had a belted bred to a Beefalow and three generations forward still looked like a belted, just too lean. The Belted are pretty cool to look at, but I still prefer pure angus for slaughter.

Just so you know, when I do ground beef from a commercial place, it is the whole sirloin tip. I’m guessing 90-95% fat free.

Lowes Foods on Hwy. 41 in Mt. Pleasant has dry-aged steaks.

quote:
Originally posted by UT_VOLS13

The Lowes grocery store by me in Lexington has what they call their “Heavenly Cuts” or something like that. They dry age primal cuts of USDA Prime beef and depending on how long you want it aged, you place an order accordingly and they call you when you cuts are ready for pick up. It’s actually a pretty unique idea for a chain grocery store.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick
quote:
Originally posted by UT_VOLS13

The Lowes grocery store by me in Lexington has what they call their “Heavenly Cuts” or something like that. They dry age primal cuts of USDA Prime beef and depending on how long you want it aged, you place an order accordingly and they call you when you cuts are ready for pick up. It’s actually a pretty unique idea for a chain grocery store.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

I bought a couple of those at $25/lb. Couldn’t tell any difference. Tender and good, but not better than the $12 stuff. I did have a beer while they were cutting them.

We used to call it the deckle.
yep, still do.

I bought a couple of those at $25/lb. Couldn’t tell any difference.
yep, me neither.

“No… it’s okay, I know the way out…”

Cap steak salad

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/05/23/health/beef-recall-e-coli-ribs-steak-memorial-day-trnd/index.html

Dang Fritz… that looks delicious!

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

You can get a good look at a high end steak by sticking your head up a bull’s ass but wouldn’t you rather take a butcher’s word for it .

Likewise PB. These will provide my family nicely. May even have enough to offer a share or two.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CnXZVtcryBA

https://youtu.be/oXpb9pf5tB8

I’ve been buying the Costco Prime NY strip for a couple of years now. It’s usually $13.99/lb, but I have caught it at $11.99/lb once. Each steak is around 16 oz, so the wife and I split one. I live two hours from Costco, so I bring them home and freeze them. No issues with the taste or texture at all. I’m sure Wagyu and Kobe are better, but it’s hard to imagine. I’ll have to try the cap steaks; they look really good. I have one friend who can cook steak better than me. One.

Of course it’s my opinion. Whose opinion were you expecting?

Lemme know when grossprofit gets in here. I’ma wait on him to weigh in