HIttin the ville in the morning

Anybody wants to come out is welcome. I’ll be working the edges til water gets in the grass then chase some grass bass then hit the edges again before I come home.

On the water at 7 if I wake up 8:30 if I sleep in

There is nothing - absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Kenneth Grahame

i’m in!!!

see you at 7!!!

Met Y4R at 7 this morning and fished the edges for a bit with no takers. Moved into the grass as the water was coming in and found a few tails in the air in the first 5 minutes then Zip, Nada, Nothing. They just evaporated. There were 5 tails in the air one second, and the next they flat was just deserted.
The water came up fast.
Y4R bugged out to work on the honeydo list and I headed off the flat and into the creeks… not that there were any creeks since the whole place was flooded.

Anyway, the tide finally started flowing out and I made it back near where I lost the huge trout last week only to find a couple set up right where I was hoping to fish. No biggie, I moved down to the next bend, tossed the popping cork to what I thought was a likely looking point and BAM. 18 in trout.
I stopped to fish for a few minutes and brought in a few blues in short order. Then the blacktips moved in and it was time for me to head back to reality and start my own honeydo list.
Off the water a little before noon

1 trout
??? blues
2 sharks

no reds today.

There is nothing - absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Kenneth Grahame

TB,
Me thinks strange things are afoot. Took TBjr out on Sat. morn, saw a bunch of tails waggin at us, but none wanted the bait we had. He finally caught one 7 lbs’er, but that was it for the day. I think it’s shrimp or nothing right now.
Hope you got your honeydo chores done :wink:
TB2

TimBuck2
Native Watercraft Ultimate 14.5
Jimmy Buffett can have Margaritaville, I’m going to Redfishville!

TB,
Where do you depart from? If you have room for a novice yakker, I would enjoy learning more about fishing from a kayak from you pros. Next trip for sure.

21’ Sea-Pro CC
Yamaha 150
“Aquaholic”
2008 Dodge Ram Mega-Cab 4x4 6.7 Cummins

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
Ernest Hemingway

I fish all over the Charleston area from Garris Landing down to the Stono Inlet. Every once in a while I get to sneak in an out of area trip. Shoot me a PM with your contact info.