HMS Bounty

Todays news article on the HMS Bountys hearing made me think about the pictures I got of her when she was here in Charleston last May. Sadly, a few months after they were taken, the ship sank off the coast of Hatteras during Hurricane Sandy. When she went down; the captain was lost at sea, one crew members died, and 14 other crew members had to be rescued by the Coast Guard.

what year was she at the tall ships here in Charleston? what a beauty she was…very sad story…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

what year was she at the tall ships here in Charleston? what a beauty she was…very sad story…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Bonzo, The ship was docked at the Charleston Maritime Center last May. She was open to visitors while they were here so I opted to go on-board for pictures now I wish I would have came back the next day, with the boat, and took some from the water while she was leaving with her sails up.

Posted this last May, in off topic, when she was in harbor. Beautiful boat. Sad story.

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/18252350/pirates-in-the-harbor-no-its-just-a-replica

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…