Hog hunting

Evening gents. Looking for a place to chase hogs, wondering if anyone knows whether Francis Marion forest/WMA nearer the Wando or it’s higher tributaries hold anything. In my limited experience hog hunting in S. GA, they’re in the wet/swampy areas mostly - any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

FMNF is infested with hogs in every section.Might haf to do some scouting but I’m sure you can find them.They seem to move around a lot ,so don’t waste time with old sign.Bumper crop of acorns this year,that’s where i’d start.

Thanks for the intel, that’s a good start - didn’t want to spin my wheels if that wasn’t the case. Appreciate it Sman.

So I’ve scouted a good bit in a few different areas and have seen a ton of rooting, a little scat, and only one wallow. Have spent some time stalking as well, not so much as a deer kicked up, just some otters eating fish. I think, particularly because there was a dog deer hunt a couple weeks ago, whatever was in that area is probably shifted to nocturnal by now. Other than just spending time stalking around, any other gems of wisdom?

I need some private land where I can hunt at night. Anyone have land/lease?!

Before I became a pig owner, I thumped a few.

Acorn trees
Shoats lay down mid day under palmetto bushes and you can jump shoot them coming from downwind and quiet…they don’t see good.(WEAR LOTS OF ORANGE)
Creatures of habit.
Google maps are your friend. I hunted swamps on Savannah river…watch for gators if its warm…they hunting too.

My tight man say deer meat tastes better.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Yeah I miss mine. Hank and rosebud. When we hauled butt for hurricane Hugo of course they came with us…The lady at the desk asked if we had pets. I said yes 3. She asked dogs. I kind of turned my head yeah.
We get are key. Go out and get the kids. Lobby was full of people running from the storm. Wife and I come in with two pigs and a German Shepherd on leashes. The place went quiet for a good solid minute. No one said anything. Some kids come over and petted them while we waited for the elevator. Whatever we would go out and walk them. They got a lot of attention.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

Ugh, don’t get the appeal. Friend had a possum for a pet. Never understood…get a raccoon.

NN

C’mon Man…

Teaches you tolerance of another species.

Postum lives matter.

Stay on topic.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Man your crazy! Possums lives don’t matter and you can’t make a pet out of them. Or at least I never could. Did have one raccoon pet as a kid. Smart and funny. Their little feet work about as good as hands.

How long ya had the pig in the house as a pet? I’ve heard they are super easy to house train, too bad we don’t have truffles around here, you could make money. :+1:

I had a pet pig one time,caught him when I was fishing near bushy park.The old lady tried to shoot him with her double nine after he rooted up her azealas.Ended up penning him up until he got big enough to go to Winningham’s.haha

Had a neighbor years ago. Had a pair of raccoons. They were big old jokers I would guess 30 lb or so. One of them tore his a$$ up. Animal control police all kinds of excitement.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

Females aren’t so bad, but the males, if you don’t get em cut, normally get aggressive when they get older.