Holster recommendations

Prefer OWB for S&W shield 45. Anyone carrying this?

Alien Gear makes a relatively “slim” OWB holster for the Shield 45… http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-slide-owb-holster-outside-the-waistband.html

Out of curiosity, with the slimmer profile of the Shield, why would you go with a OWB over an IWB?

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick

Alien Gear makes a relatively “slim” OWB holster for the Shield 45… http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-slide-owb-holster-outside-the-waistband.html

Out of curiosity, with the slimmer profile of the Shield, why would you go with a OWB over an IWB?

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

Never have found an IWB that’s comfortable with anything, revolver or semi.

Fair enough.

I have a few friends that have Alien Gear holsters (none actually have the Shield 45) and they love them.

I use a sneaky pete, and love it. They have a lifetime warranty abd have never been questioned of what was inside it.

quote:
Originally posted by bubba w

I use a sneaky pete, and love it. They have a lifetime warranty abd have never been questioned of what was inside it.

Didn’t see one for the 45.

Like my stealth gear mini iwb for my xds 45, most comfortable I’ve found that hides the gun well.

I have a sticky holster IWB for my Shield .40 I love it and you don’t even know it’s really there. They are around $30 I believe if that helps

There is no substitute for hard work-Thomas A Edison

Yes,sorry,mine is a shield 40 cal.

DM Bullard

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I saw earlier where PSA has the whole Shield line on sale for awesome prices. You can get that 45 right now for $224.99 after a $75 mail in rebate. That’s an awesome price!

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

I saw earlier where PSA has the whole Shield line on sale for awesome prices. You can get that 45 right now for $224.99 after a $75 mail in rebate. That’s an awesome price!

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

[:I]

Being left-handed, it is always been difficult for me to find CCW holsters. On a recent outing to Palmetto, I was recommended to try a sticky holster. I cannot say enough about this holster! You can wear at front or back left or right and it is extremely comfortable. If you have it in contact with skin it will stay put. I carry a Springfield XD 45, and now my wife has one for her in a Glock 27. The other part I like about sticky holsters are they are very inexpensive. Check one out
https://stickyholsters.com

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Alien gear, have an iwb for all my ccw’s, love em