Home cerakote

I got this Taurus pt111 a couple years ago. A buy one get one free.It’s just been sitting in the safe never been fired. It was the Taurus and a heritage rough Rider $200. I wanted the rough Rider for my granddaughter to learn to shoot a revolver. I’ve had some cerakote for a while and figured I would give it a try. Wife wasn’t really thrilled about me using oven. Said I should have used the toaster oven. Oh well.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

Looks great. She should stay out of the kitchen when you’re cooking :smiley:

Pioneer 197SF
Pioneer 197SF

Nice, OTC. Please tell how you did the pattern.

NN

Spray a base colors & cook it. Then took a mesh chum bag and wrap it around gun and spray it with other colors.

That’s pretty cool. I wasn’t even aware that they made home cerakote kits.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

YouTube’s of wonderful thing. Haha.
The cerakote was passed on to me after my hero passed. He also did nickel plating turned out some beautiful weapons.

I have a 1960s army 1911. I’m going to have the 173rd airborne logo with a bronze star (V) and purple heart engraved on it and cerakote it olive drab.
In honor of my friend.

I’d like to put in an order for you to do my Bushmaster AR :smiley: haha

F/V Tinny will live forever

Nice:+1:

NN

Nice job.

I stripped and put a couple of pistols and a 10-22 in the dishwasher once. Wife got a little upset. Actually works well. Non stainless needs to be oiled down immediately after cleaning.

We used to take are m60s to the deep sink. Got caught by the company Commander. My Gun team did not get liberty for a month. We spent our time in the armory cleaning weapons.

TOOK MANY A HOT SHOWER WITH MY 16 ;; THIS ONES FOR FIGHTING ,THIS ONES FOR FUN:smiley:

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown