Home Made Chum

I’m looking for a Grinder? Any Suggestions? I can get huge amounts of bait fish. I need a relatively cheap grinding machine? CHUM WORKS!!!

Years ago I bought an old hand crank one for $5 from a flea market. If you need something faster i have seen people use blenders & then freeze it in gallon freezer bags.
Unless you want a divorce don’t use the wifes. If her frozen mixed drinks come out tasting like fish soup your going to be in trouble.

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

I’ve got an old hand crank that I hooked a drill up to. I can fill a 5 gallon bucket of Manhattan in no time

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

^^^^

What those guys said. You can find a meat grinder pretty cheap.

Throwing this out there. When I was into Cobia fishing… Get a cheap used chest freezer, find some gallon plastic buckets (or bigger if you like), Put a couple inches of dirt / rock in the bottom fill em up with your chum mix, carry a drill with a 1" hole saw bit, drill your bucket and throw overboard. Oh yea tie a rope to it so ya don’t pollute our oceans.

We used to add a few a few ounces of Vegetable oil or Menhaden oil to the mix, not sure it it helped but my fishing partner thought so. We also had a hand meat grinder mounted on a piece of plywood with a rod attached to fit a rod holder. … Also used to use an i.v. drip bag tie on a weight and put it about 8 feet in down and give it a good squeeze every so often.

find an old garbage disposal and trickle water in it to keep from burning it up.

What do y’all like to use for your binding agent? Sand, oats/grains, clay, oils, etc? Or are you grinding up fish only and letting it disperse in the water

Found a great hand grinder at Goodwill several years ago. Have used it several times for chumming yellowtail in the Keys. We mixed ground fish with hard dog food and sand to make balls and released them so they would leave a “trail” as they sunk. Worked pretty well.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

mix in some el cheapo kitty litter. Binds it and takes it down into the water column.

This is my old “Chum Grinder”, A Starter Motor, Gear Box, BIG Grinder, (#3)? IT SPITS OUT CHUM, BIG TIME!!! In my opinion, a cheap Wood Chipper? AN EXTRA HEAVY DUTY GARBAGE DISPOSAL, MIGHT BE BETTER? I WANT TO UPGREADE TO A COMMERCIAL LEVEL??? ANY SUGGESTIONS? SOMEBODY HAS TO HAVE EXPERENCE??? SORRY ABOT SCREAMING, MY EARS ARE GOING OUT? OR, I’M JUST EXCITED!!!

Not quite the answer, but I’ve got a #12 575 watt meat grinder from Northern Tools that works well. It’s just messy, lol.

I’ve gotten lazy and typically use Chum Cloud mixed with cheap, dry cat food.

I normally use it offshore and can say I prefer Chum Cloud because it doesn’t bring in sharks. None. 0. Zilch

Philippians 4:13

Pioneer 197SF

I watched a video of a guy using a yard debris grinder from Lowes, a little over $100. It looked like it worked great. I’m looking to do the same but most meat grinders I can afford have a small inlet. I’m leaning toward trying the leaf grinder.

Sea Hunt 212 Triton "Head East"