Home Owners Insurance

I see a lot of people on the net crying about property taxes… boats, cars, etc etc. But I never hear anything on insurance.

I just paid my qtrly homeowners. Moderate deductibles etc and the cost/month amounts to more than my electric bill. Another industry controlling Columbia ?

I shop homeowners and car insurance every few years, most companies raise your rates over time. I have also found out that you need to sit down and look at your policy well, you will find coverages you don’t really need and some you can reduce and lower your premium considerably.

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

quote:
Originally posted by pitviper0404

I shop homeowners and car insurance every few years, most companies raise your rates over time. I have also found out that you need to sit down and look at your policy well, you will find coverages you don’t really need and some you can reduce and lower your premium considerably.

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

I going to do that. I’ve been with the same company and agent for decades.
I suspect I’m a real easy customer

With that said, I hear what others pay and I’m in the same ballpark. Hugo changed a lot of things It’s seems like so much. I figures that I pay about $.50/mile insurance on my bike #129296;

I shop around about once a year for car and homeowner’s. Invariably, I find cheaper somewhat cheaper policies but, the service USAA provides is so worth a little extra $. I have never had a problem with any claim in over 25 years. Also, you have to be sure you are comparing apples to apples.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Most of my insurance is through State Farm. I also have an umbrella policy which basically almost paid for itself when you add in all of the discounts from bundling insurance. If you haven’t looked at an umbrella policy, I think you can get something like 1M in coverage for like $300. If I recall, 2M wasn’t much more. The drawback is that you have to bump up the levels of your car insurance a bit (250K+), but that’s not necessarily a bad thing I suppose. For marine, Strickland was always the most bang for the buck around these parts!

i always found the big ones like State Farm, AllState and Nationwide to be the most expensive, currently dealing with AllState on a relatives property - terrible experience

had Travelers and they were a rip off, dropped me for “excessive claims”, had four windshield claims in two years, not pleasant people to talk to

ended up with Liberty Mutual, best company ever, phone calls are answered by Midwesterners and they all speak clear English, when you call they ask, “are you OK?”, great coverage and reasonable rates, always got quick answers to questions and they return phone calls as promised

also have AutoOwners on another rural property, perfect for that need

watercraft are with Progressive

just be careful to compare coverage and cost, not just cost

Pioneer 197SF

2X on USAA. I have had them for over 30 years. They even covered me while I was in Germany!

ZX