Home Theater/HDMI Help

Does anyone know anyone who can replace a tip/connector on a HDMI cable? The end/tip coming out of our wall got damaged and you really have to wiggle the connection to get a signal and that is a pain. I don’t want to replace the cable itself unless there is no other choice. Thanks for any help.

Not trying to be a smart aleck but there are plenty of DIY instructions on the web. If not too much of a pain replacing would be the best choice. If you do not want to DIY give Carolina Custom Security and Sound and see if they can give advise. Good Luck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=replace+a+tip%2Fconnector+on+a+HDMI+cable&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

quote:
Originally posted by Cape Fear

Does anyone know anyone who can replace a tip/connector on a HDMI cable? The end/tip coming out of our wall got damaged and you really have to wiggle the connection to get a signal and that is a pain. I don’t want to replace the cable itself unless there is no other choice. Thanks for any help.

Just a guess but the cost of the end and likely needed special tools will probably be a good bit more than a replacement (for example crimping coax would definitely cost more for the tool and end). Unless it’s a near impossible wall fish situation I think you’d be better served to replace the whole cable.

You gonna talk or FISH!

Here’s the pin out, If you have to replace the wall socket. More than likely it’s a wall plate that a normal hdmi cable just plugs in to on the back side of it,so you can easily replace the wall plate.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Thanks guys, electronics/computers are not my thing. I called a small company on Monday, they fit me in yesterday, they ran a new 50’ cord, re-hung TV, and were gone in 30 minutes, for $125. Believe me, I am fine with that, all I want to do is click the remote and watch TV, I have too many things going on to mess with that.