Home Window Tinting

Just wondering if any of you have had this done on your home, and if so, did it live up to your expectations?

Our master bedroom has two windows that face east and “Big Red” beats down on it till about 11am. You can really feel the heat from it, even through the blinds.

Colby from Lowcountry Window Tinting (Beaufort) came out today and tinted the east side windows as well as everything on the front of the house (faces south). He put LLUMAR DR15 on them and it looks great!

I know I should have asked this prior to the application but maybe someone else can get some good info here that may have been considering having this done.

Thanks All,

NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

I did our bedroom,kitchen and side door windows with the cling on tint from walmart about 2 years ago and it has held up good.No more really bright mornings and really hot afternoons for me.
I noticed a difference in the light bill[not enough to get excited about],I think the tint helps keep the a/c from being on so much.

Double D.

If you have new windows with thermal panes, check with the manufacturer. Sometimes an aftermarket film will void a warranty. I know this to be true in commercial applications, not sure about residential.

quote:
Originally posted by bgf

If you have new windows with thermal panes, check with the manufacturer. Sometimes an aftermarket film will void a warranty. I know this to be true in commercial applications, not sure about residential.

Good point and Thanks, all is covered by warranty.

No aftermarket here!

NN

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

I tinted a couple windows in my camper with regular car window tint & it did good & held up just fine.

quote:
Originally posted by areeldrag

I tinted a couple windows in my camper with regular car window tint & it did good & held up just fine.

Never put “Auto” tint on your home windows. You could cause them to crack and No Warranty!

NN

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

thats one thing about using a quality tint and paying an installer the premium. the manufacturer will match the warranty of the window in case of failure, as window companies normally do not warranty windows that have tint.

quote:
Originally posted by baracuda

thats one thing about using a quality tint and paying an installer the premium. the manufacturer will match the warranty of the window in case of failure, as window companies normally do not warranty windows that have tint.

Bingo!..you nailed it. I believe the coverage was up to $500 per window.

NN

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

My camper has single pain windows so I have never had issue with them. Double pain may create an issue…