Homeowners Insurance

Does anyone suggest or know of a local Insurance Company that will cover “bad dog breeds”? I have done a bit of internet research but all that info is very vague so before I just start calling them all I figured I would ask.

Copied this from a webpage:

The following types of dog are most often considered “bad breeds” by many insurance companies:
•Akita
•Alaskan Malamute
•Chow Chow
•Doberman
•German Shepherd
•Pit Bull
•Rottweiler
•Siberian Husky
•Wolf Hybrid

If any of you own one or more of these breeds of dogs and have an insurance company that covers them please let me know, thanks!

Fishing Nerd

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

After my dog “welcomed” the UPS guy to our house. He filed a complaint with the city. About a year later we bought a house. USAA covered us.

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

USAA didnt ask us about breeds. They asked if a dog in our house had ever bitten anyone. That was it.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I’ve used Allstate for 40 years and they’ve never asked if we had a dog, much less what kind.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

My dog looks like a pitt bull. But isn’t on that list.

I’m in the market as well, and have planned on disclosing my dogs as “mixed breed rescues.” It’s not a lie, as only DNA tests would prove anything otherwise POSSIBLY.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

In miami, pit bulls are illegal… However, the city is full of “terrier mix” that look EXACTLY like pit bulls… When I went to register my dog at the pound (Miami law that every dog is registered), the #1 breed waiting for adoption was the pit bull, excuse me… I mean “terrier mix”… Statistically speaking they were by no means the highest occurrence of dog in Miami.

So…I’ll just start calling places as needed… I should know something by the end of next month. I’ll keep y’all posted!

Fishing Nerd

Ok so to my findings State Farm and USAA does, Geico, Allstate and CT Lowndes subs it out…All seemed to be within a 55$ + or - each year. Seems they are all comparable in price around here.

Fishing Nerd

Stump, I’m with Larry, on this! I’ve had Allstate, on 3 or 4 houses and never been asked if I had a dog!

I’m with Larry & Easy as well. Allstate has never asked about dogs.

I have 3 killer wiener dogs. two will lick you to death and the little one will start at your shoelaces & work his way up.:smiley:

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

Bob, are those wiener dogs as hard to house train, as reported?

Well I called and asked specifically about Bully Breeds…they said they subbed those out. I made the call yesterday.
I need to keep me and my new-to-me home covered with no surprises if I need to make the claim!

Fishing Nerd

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Bob, are those wiener dogs as hard to house train, as reported?

I don’t think they’re any harder to train than other dogs. They can be stubborn little chits though. Every pooch is different.

My oldest one (14yrs) has now decided he can take a leak whenever & wherever he wants. He’s stained up the carpet pretty good.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069