Honey Bees, Cool Pic

I was in San Diego back in September on business and went for a run one after noon and came upon this on a sidewalk near the “Star of India” maritime museum. They weren’t bothering anyone and someone had put a sign up warning folks of them. They were there for at least two days. Pretty cool sight IMO.

You gonna talk or FISH!

Had a swarm show in my yard once. I called the charleston beekeeper’s association and this really nice guy showed up in a suburban. Put on a bee suit, got a big tupperware container out of the back, cut the limb off the tree dropped it in the bucket, put the lid on threw it in the truck and left. Whole time I’m like, “dude really just threw a box of pissed off bees in his truck and rolled out”

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

Had a swarm show in my yard once. I called the charleston beekeeper’s association and this really nice guy showed up in a suburban. Put on a bee suit, got a big tupperware container out of the back, cut the limb off the tree dropped it in the bucket, put the lid on threw it in the truck and left. Whole time I’m like, “dude really just threw a box of pissed off bees in his truck and rolled out”

they're actually really laid back at that point, lots of buzzing, no stinging.

While they’re looking for a suitable new home, these swarms sometimes make brief stopovers on tree branches, walls, road signs or other objects. Their appearance — a dripping ball of stinging insects — can be menacing, but neurobiologist and bee expert Thomas Seeley says honeybees are at their safest when exhibiting swarming behavior.