Hotel Selection

The family is headed to Charleston this weekend and I hope to take my 6-y-o son out to participate in the Spottail tournament. The wife is taking a seminar at MUSC so I figure to get a hotel near there. Here are two that are both about 6-7 mi from that location.

Clarion Inn
3640 Dorchester Road
North Charleston, SC, US, 29405

Roadway Inn
310 Highway 17 Bypass
Mount Pleasant, SC, US, 29464

Any thoughts on these locations? Or other options? Looking to keep it below $70. Don’t need 5-star accommodations but I don’t want bedbugs either. :wink:

Thanks!

MainStay Suites, 400 McGrath Darby Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, SC (843) 881-1723
Best place I’ve stayed for the money, nice, snacks, just over bridge from Charleston.
First light after big bridge, turn left, behind Holiday Inn.
I used to stay there just before I bought a place on James Island.

The Clarion Inn is a dump. Go to Priceline.com and name your own price for a hotel down there. You will be able to get a $100/night place for $70 or less.

Thanks for the heads up on the Clarion. MainStay looks nice but a little more than I want to pay.

With priceline which locations would I want to stay around the MUSC? Ashley River, Downtown, and Mt. Pleasant are the closest but not sure if I should avoid any of those areas.

theres a couple on savannah highway…one is trotters…and I’ll have to try to remember the name of the one on the right after you pass rick hendricks…maybe someone else on here will remember…its walking distance to Bessingers if you want to try their Q while you are here too…
and had some friends stay at the one dilly dally mentioned and had a good stay there too

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

there are two hotels at Ripley light marina and you could probably put your boat in the water at the marina while you are in town.

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

Ok, can’t figure out which hotels are near the marina. How about…

Days Inn
261 Johnnie Dodds Boulevard
Mount Pleasant, SC 2946

or

Red Roof Inn
301 Johnnie Dodds Boulevard
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464

(**(). The Comfort Suites West of the Ashley and two Holiday Inns are booked solid.

We always stay at the Mt Pleasant Red Roof Inn when in Charleston to fish. Nothing special for sure, but it’s in the price range you are looking for and just a few minutes to both Remley’s or Shem Creek ramps. Also, the parking lot has plenty of room for boats and is very well lit at night.

Going to spend Thanksgiving weekend there and I believe it is going to be about $60/night with microwave and small fridge…wi fi as well.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

La Quinta @ ripley’s. 843-556-5200. If they are too much ask them for help on other locations. Wheel and deal you know the routine

08 210 sea hunt 150 yamaha ‘86 14’ super scout too much yamaha

Whoa! LQ wanted $154/night!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Ended up with the Best Western @ Patriot’s Point for $80.