Hotel

I’m looking for some advice from the locals as to what are some decent hotels where I could crash for the night when I come down to fish. Usually i just come down for the day to fish but would like to start doing all weekend trips where I come down early Saturday morning and get a hotel Saturday night. My grandparents have a timeshare on IOP so I stay there the 6 weekends a year they have it but am looking for reccomendations on somewhere to stay the other times I come. I usually keep my boat at the IOP Marina in the lot when I’m down overnight so I wouldn’t need somewhere to park it. I’m not looking to break the bank and would like somewhere I can take my rods in with me and tie on new lures for the next day and also so they wouldn’t be left in the back of the truck and not get funny looks walking through the lobby. I’m open to mount pleasant, North Charleston or anywhere really. I usually stop by haddrels in the mornings to get what I need before going to the marina anyway. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sea Pro sv2100/ Yamaha 150

I come down 5 or 6 times a year to surf fish and like you, just looking for a place to sleep.

In Mt Pleasant I usually stay at the Sleep Inn on Wingo Way. I take my gear inside and have never had any “funny looks”. Rooms are small, but clean and quiet. Reasonable rates.

There are a handful of hotels along the IOP connector. If you call the Hampton Inn, ask for the “fishermans rate.” Years ago we had a program setup with them for incoming clients to stay there at a discounted rate. I haven’t hit the hotels in years so I’m not sure if that program exists but it may be worth a shot.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

I had a friend that came down from Asheville and usually stayed in Orangeburg - He got to his room early in the evening and got up early- was always on time to leave the dock @ 4 AM

We have been using Hotwire for Mt Pleasant for years.Hotwire’s MP area is very small so you won’t get stuck where you don’t want too be.It works every time and you will save some bucks.

Thanks for all the help! I’ll check into all of those

Sea Pro sv2100/ Yamaha 150