How do you replace ipilot bottom cover?

I have an ipilot that came with the boat I bought last summer. The bottom cover on the head is broken on the inside which leaves a little gap and I’m worried water is going to get in. I ordered a new one and have it at the house but I can’t figure out how to change it. I haven’t taken it apart yet but from looking at it I can’t figure it out. The wire to the head goes through a hole in the bottom of the cover so it looks like it has to be disconnected somewhere and fed through that hole. But the control wiring is connected on both ends. Anybody ever changed one or have an idea how to?

I don’t know where you live, but there is a service center for MinnKota motors in Chapin, SC. Mark Danck has fixed my stuff over the years and is very reasonable. You could call him and I’m sure he’d tell you how to do it…803-345-5606 or mobile 803-360-9950. This time of year he is normally off fishing the Crappie Trail Tournaments so call him early in the week or on his mobile.

Fishing is a prefectible art…in which nevertheless, no man is perfect – Gifford Pinchot

Key West Sportsman 1720
Ice Blue Pathfinder 2200
“Kemosabe”
<’}}}><