how far is considered inshore..

I think I was about 23.7 miles from offshore when I caught three of these before snagging my only lure on some sunken real-estate. Was actually targeting Bass. I think I was over a bed, this was a big male and the other two were fat females full of eggs. Would have been big enough to fillet. The May full moon will be the 15th, I’ve already heard some good reports from the Salkehatchie and Asheepoo. I’m hoping we don’t get a big rain to raise water levels too high and bring home a good mess of red breast. I might run up to Ace and get me a tube of crickets. If these guys are biting on this big lure, I should be able to mop up with some crickets.

Beautiful Day!

The Wife’s Tomatoes are just starting to bloom.

excellent.

when i moved here circa 91 [from ohio of course] the edisto was full of fat redbreast. i’m told the catfish thinned em good since. what day you fred

say not day

remember beaglewoman/man? that was the best brim fisherman on this site

Nice, that’s a good one! Unfortunately this rain coming tonight may raise those rivers soon, or so im tole. I should have weathered the wind and went today instead of doing yard work. Needed doing though…

As long as it’s not offshore, then it’s inshore.:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Splains a couple few things:stuck_out_tongue:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

I was told in the early 90’s that DNR did some kind of swap for Stripers from Santee for some Arkansas Flatheads. This is gossip so take it with a grain of salt. True? I don’t know, but this is what I heard from an agent along with a few hundred Rattlers released around Hampton and Tillman. My son and I used to fish the Edisto pretty hard for catfish using Live Bream on set/ bush lines. (the only river at the time you could use them for bait), caught several over 50# the biggest being 74#. I will say the Red Breast I’ve seen caught and personally caught in the 80’s have never been the same. Those Flathead are super predators and I’ve caught several that had some large bass, bream, shad, mudfish in their stomachs. One we caught had a bass that was a tad over one pound. Never saw them in the Combahee or Asheepoo until recently. They are in all our river systems now.

Ohio!!! Come on man! Yea I remember some nice pics from BeagleWoman. Used to tick off the hunters that Hate Dog hunting. We have lost a lot of cool posters. I miss Mrs Penny and her Wappo landing pics. I didn’t mention it, but the momma goose in the back ground has a super protective Man. He came after me several times and knocked my hat off once.