How long to get numbers for new boat??

I know DNR usually have pretty quick turnaround so wondering where the holdup is. Been three weeks. Should I be concerned?

Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

In my experience it is not a DNR issue. It is an issue of a delay in the dealer sending the information to the DNR (if you bought it from a dealer). I have had 2 dealers tell me that they send in the forms for multiple buyers at one time but that may only be a couple of times per year. Check with the dealer.

Spartanburg/Edisto
Sea Hunt 27 “Saltwater Gospel”
Bomb Island 16 “Hookin’ Heels”

I think you have 60 or 90 days …should be on the bottom of the copy for the application. Keep a copy with you. We bought our boat in April and didn’t get the registration until late June.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 22 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 18 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

I’m going through that now. 60-90 days. I called after 45 days and mine had yet to be processed. My question is how do I ge a second temporary registration? I’ve got a feeling mine will run out before I get my stuff.

If anywhere a DNR office you can
stop by an get your numbers.
Just a little wait time in line.

Make sure all the paper work is in
order or they will send you packing. lol

When I bought my boat back in September I did not receive my registration information until right at the 90 day mark. I was told there was a back log and as long as I had the bill of sale and all documents I would be fine.

I’m in the same situation… I’m at the 60 day mark. I called the DNR office on Tuesday and they’ve opened a “missing mail request” to confirm if they even have my application. They said it could take up to 72 hours for them to respond to my inquiry of whether or not they got the registration. If I don’t hear back from them by Friday I’ll follow-up with the dealership.

Regards

I bought a new boat in April, still no numbers

I purchased a little Pelican pond boat 2 months ago. I called the local DNR office here in Florence to inquire about my registration. They told me that new boat registration was only handled in the Columbia and Charleston offices. She told me to NOT send it to Columbia ( the address on the application)…they were so understaffed and so far behind that it was taking up to 6 months to get applications processed. I looked on the DNR website and got the address for the Charleston office, sent it to them, and I had my numbers in less than 2 weeks.

2003 Key West 1720 Sportsman
2016 Ocean Kayak BG2

I bought a used boat last summer and I believe it took over 2.5 months to get my title from them. I remember being annoyed at how long it took too.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

On a similar note…I renewed my registration online a few weeks ago and ran into an interesting situation. Registration was flagged for unpaid taxes. Went to tax website and it showed they were paid. Called DNR and they told me I had to call the tax office since only the tax office can remove the flag. Called the tax office and did get the erroneous flag removed. He said that DNR did some form of system update a few weeks back it put the flag on a lot of registrations. DNR can’t fix it since only the tax office can remove the flags once they verify it is in error. Guy in tax office said he’s been dealing with a lot of angry boat owners. Be nice to him, he was very helpful, removed it immediately once he verified the payment in the system and I was able to renew online as soon as I got off the phone.

I had an odd situation with my renewal, I renewed my boat online and received the new stickers within a week. About 4 days later I received another set of stickers. I only paid once and didn’t request a replacement. I guess if the first set falls off I have a backup.

quote:
Originally posted by DownLow

On a similar note…I renewed my registration online a few weeks ago and ran into an interesting situation. Registration was flagged for unpaid taxes. Went to tax website and it showed they were paid. Called DNR and they told me I had to call the tax office since only the tax office can remove the flag. Called the tax office and did get the erroneous flag removed. He said that DNR did some form of system update a few weeks back it put the flag on a lot of registrations. DNR can’t fix it since only the tax office can remove the flags once they verify it is in error. Guy in tax office said he’s been dealing with a lot of angry boat owners. Be nice to him, he was very helpful, removed it immediately once he verified the payment in the system and I was able to renew online as soon as I got off the phone.

Had the same issue, tax office had it fixed in 3 minutes, orangeburg county.

Bought a boat in march and had numbers in 10 days.

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…