How to catch yellowfin tuna

People ask this question quite a bit, so I figured I would post this short instructional video… Enjoy…

http://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-in-islamorada-fl/

You must have been busy with the baby, but that video has been going around here for a week on 2 different threads, but the fish keeps growing. Last I heard it was up to 340 pounds :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

You must have been bust with the baby, but that video has been going around here for a week on 2 different threads, but the fish keeps growing. Last I heard it was up to 340 pounds :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Yeah, was in the Keys last week and in Cali the week before...

This is why we can’t have nice things!!!

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

This is why we can’t have nice things!!!

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Don't make me have the admin throw the lock on you.

Biggerthanyours missed you.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

Okay Skinneej help me out here:

Just returned from the Bahamas where I got into a discussion about Yellowfin Tuna. - A local guide down there mentioned that the navy (up until about 8 years ago) had what he described as feeding tubes in the deep water. He stated they could go out any day and catch a limit of Yellowfin. Stated once the tubes were gone so were the Yellowfin! Any idea what he heck he was talking about??

36 Contender Fisharound
Are We There Yet?

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Biggerthanyours missed you.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

I have no idea what you are talking about.
quote:
Originally posted by DownandOut

Okay Skinneej help me out here:

Just returned from the Bahamas where I got into a discussion about Yellowfin Tuna. - A local guide down there mentioned that the navy (up until about 8 years ago) had what he described as feeding tubes in the deep water. He stated they could go out any day and catch a limit of Yellowfin. Stated once the tubes were gone so were the Yellowfin! Any idea what he heck he was talking about??

36 Contender Fisharound
Are We There Yet?

Negative. Where you guys drinking Kalik when you had this discussion?

There are still plenty of yellowfin caught in the Bahamas though. A lot of it is kept hush hush, but from the reports that I have seen, it’s normally a handful of nice fish 60-120 lbs here and there, but no “limits” (which would be 18 fish in the Bahamas). I’m not saying that nobody catches their limit, only that I have not seen\heard any reports in my research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Undersea_Test_and_Evaluation_Center

Kalik - Funny you asked!!

The AUTEC complex on Andros Island in the Bahamas in 1974. The installation is facing the Tongue of the Ocean, which contains deep-water hydrophones used in AUTEC’s underwater testing.

Not sure but he may have been talking about this?? Claims once this was shutdown so did the Yellowfin??

36 Contender Fisharound
Are We There Yet?

Buddy of mine lives in jupiter, fl. Where I was born and they cross over during late spring and kill em, lotta 60 lb class.

06 hewes tailfisher 17

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Yeah, was in the Keys last week and in Cali the week before…

You should have stayed in Cali and skipped the Keys…the el nino tuna bite is hot in Socal this summer…