HUGE fine for not even breaking the law!

I haven’t fished offshore much at all. Mostly inshore. I would be happy to support this but I still don’t understand exactly what happened.

How did he know what your vms showed? How does that work? Did you catch the fish in a legal area but get fined just because you passed through the protected area?

Thanks in advance for clarification. I may want to fish some offshore

Rich Chesser
Panga Marine 18

quote:
Originally posted by ls6pilot

I haven’t fished offshore much at all. Mostly inshore. I would be happy to support this but I still don’t understand exactly what happened.

How did he know what your vms showed? How does that work? Did you catch the fish in a legal area but get fined just because you passed through the protected area?

Thanks in advance for clarification. I may want to fish some offshore

Rich Chesser
Panga Marine 18

ls6…Phin’s example is a “What Will Happen” if VMS is allowed to become law. Did not actually happen…YET.

NN

07 23 Key West Twin 115 Yammys

www.joinrfa.org/

This is unbelievable…An absolute shame. Email Sent.

done. took less than a minute. everyone should get on board here…

“mr keys”

I am not as well spoken as Phin, but I sent them a message. Short and to the point. What THEY are trying to do is wrong! It is the job of the government to prove my guilt, not for me to prove my innocence.

ZX

quote:
Originally posted by tanksgt

It is the job of the government to prove my guilt, not for me to prove my innocence.

ZX

X2!

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

Page 2

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

quote:
Originally posted by DownandOut

Phin,

Has this been listed on the THT?

I know there is a strong following on that site in Florida / Georgia!

36 Contender Fisharound
Are We There Yet?

http://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfishing-charters-forum/498180-4800-dollar-fine-not-even-breaking-law.html

I see that some on there are arguing against my position, indirectly.

I think we need to ask for a public position on this from CCA. Hopefully this is not another case of shortsightedness where they take a position based on whether it will hurt commercial guys. Remember that cca didn’t oppose the 90’-240’ bottom closure at first. It’s members had to get loud enough.

John Jolley on the council was supported for his Florida seat by CCA, and Jolley supports expanded MPA’s and VMS on all boats fishing for snapper-grouper species. I’ll bet CCA membership could help him understand the folly of that position.

Haven’t we lost enough already?

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

My email was just sent. Thank you for making this easy.

Chad
Cobia 256 Express
Pulled by a Dodge Ram 3500

Email Sent

17’ Mckeecraft
115 Suzuki 4stroke

“Thar She blows”

For those that want to argue that I’m just “some hot head posting conspiracy theories on the web,” please read this document if V. chairman Hartig’s quote or my equal protection argument doesn’t do it for you. http://safmc.net/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=hAELU520UTA%3D&tabid=395

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

The folks at The Hull Truth seem to have about a 3rd grade reading comprehension level.

Do you know if there is any similar campaign going on at Florida Sportsman?

quote:
Originally posted by Tuxedo

The folks at The Hull Truth seem to have about a 3rd grade reading comprehension level.

My daughter is in 2nd grade. She understands it.

whoever is behind this needs to leave politics and move on (hopefully another country). Invasion of privacy rights violated as compared to mandating GPS tracking in your car or the human body. All freedom would be lost if this kind of stuff continues.

From the comments I have heard made by some safmc members, they could not care less about constitutional rights. Be sure to make the economic burden argument when you converse back with any of them. These systems are costly. The other important argument is that the government monitoring of our activity at all times actually changes the very behavior they are trying to monitor and use to regulate us.

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

quote:
Originally posted by Tuxedo

Not sure. I don’t frequent that site.

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

sent and immediately got a response…

Chris:

I agree and will vote against VMS.

Thanks for your efforts!

Tom Swatzel
843-222-7456

quote:
Originally posted by OTAY

sent and immediately got a response…

Chris:

I agree and will vote against VMS.

Thanks for your efforts!

Tom Swatzel
843-222-7456

Got the same thing. Tom seems to be a good guy. The others worry me

Same here,Tom replied,nothing at all from the others…

Just read through your post on THT…What a bunch of A-holes over there! To think that none of this will come to pass is foolish! You have thicker skin than me Wes, I would have told a few of them to F-off!

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”