HUGE fine for not even breaking the law!

I’m a Arizona resident with a boat here in Charleston. This situation is pure B.S. Email sent. Sorry to hear your being targeted. Evidently you are one of the criminals that is ruining this Country.sarc (follow the money trail)

quote:
Originally posted by OTAY

sent and immediately got a response…

Chris:

I agree and will vote against VMS.

Thanks for your efforts!

Tom Swatzel
843-222-7456

Email sent, same reply…[:I]

Thank you Phin for making us all aware!! I’m in for $25 to donate to the fine…we should all help pay for this in my opinion.

Just a Thought!

We need VMS because we are using a Public Resource??
Does this mean they are going to install the same type of units on every Government owned vehicle? They are all Public Resources Correct?

Think Nikki would agree to having her Public Resources monitored with VMS???

To me it seems we are opening Pandora’s Box!!

36 Contender Fisharound
Are We There Yet?

Nikki don’t care! Its not her deal!

Sent!

quote:
Originally posted by Tuxedo

The folks at The Hull Truth seem to have about a 3rd grade reading comprehension level.

Do you know if there is any similar campaign going on at Florida Sportsman?

same could be said for a few on here.

Sent also.

Umm, you gonna eat that?

Thousands have died to save my freedom. Only one has died to save my soul!

Sent and passed on to a few friends that don’t frequent this site.

SeaPro 23 WA Yam 225
Key West 17’ Stealth Yam 115
Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Done!!! Hope to see you all in Charleston on April 23rd.

28 WA Hydra Sport
Twin 225 4 stoke Yammies
“Fin Loco”

I just sent my email. When will these people get their head out of their ass?

quote:
rootnround Posted - 04/07/2013 : 06:56:41 AM Nikki don't care! Its not her deal!

Root,

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one!! She Re-appointed our buddy David Cupka who as we all know is a STRONG supporter of MPA’s and VMS. Maybe not directly but she is part of the problem -she should have done her homework!!

My point is this - If our government can mandate that we have VMS equipment on our vessels (commercial or recreational) simply because we are using public resources - why can’t we demand the same for them?? VMS on that SC registered aircraft and government owned vehicles should shut this down VERY quickly!

And Phin - Just FYI - I completely understand your posting this to show us what could happen but I’m afraid while we all fight for no VMS they will give in to the VMS and just add more MPA’s!! Kind of what you do with a bratty child - change their focus to get your desired result!!
The good ole’ SAFMC worked diligently with fisherman to eliminate the need for monitoring equipment. Sounds good for the paper right? But we don’t need to be monitored if we have nowhere to fish!
Just my .02! -
Thanks again for all the time and energy in keeping us informed with all this mess!!

36 Contender Fisharound
Are We There Yet?

Sent, thanks for making it as easy as possible.

If my memory serves me right wasn’t John Frampton head of DNR when Nikki took office?

and do you know who hired JF when when he first came to DNR years ago?

Yeah that’s right the answer is Cupka, who at that time was head of DNR!

Nikki doesn’t have any fishery or for that matter natural resources background and so she referred that to the head of that department at the time.

That’s how the reappointment to SAFMC for Cupka came about!

Here is what was in my recommended email body originally. I have changed it up a bit since we don’t want all our comments to look identical to the council members and be written off as saying “nothing different.”

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

I am a recreational fisherman who fishes off the coast of the Carolinas, Georgia and Florida. I oppose VMS or any related tracking device on private property for law abiding citizens whether they are commercial, for hire, or sport fishermen. I do not feel that the economic burden of these systems and their continued operation should be required for law abiding saltwater fishermen. If a person breaks the law, then perhaps this economic burden would be equitable as part of their probation and punishment.
VMS places an undue burden on us financially and culturally. Our behaviors change when we are mandated to purchase and maintain costly tracking equipment and we realize we are being watched at all times, and this is unnatural and harmful to society and our fishery. The information on the habits of fishermen that you may desire from these systems will not reflect the natural behaviors in the fishery because the requirement of these systems will in fact change the behavior they seek to record. The very reason many go fishing offshore and spend thousands of dollars in our local economy in order to do so is for saltwater offshore fishing’s freedom. This will change if VMS is required on any snapper/grouper-pursuing vessels.
I strongly urge you to oppose any VMS requirement for any vessels in Amendment 30 to the SAFMC’s snapper-grouper management plan or any future amendments to fishery management plans.

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

quote:
rootnround Junior Member

30 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2013 : 08:44:40 AM Show Profile Send rootnround a Private Message Reply with Quote

Nikki doesn’t have any fishery or for that matter natural resources background and so she referred that to the head of that department at the time.
That’s how the reappointment to SAFMC for Cupka came about!

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Exactly - these two where scratching each others back and she just went along with the program!
HER PROGRAM!!
She is in charge and is ultimately responsible!
Its what is wrong with the country today - zero accountability!
Blame it on someone else - the American Way!!

36 Contender Fisharound
Are We There Yet?

Email sent!

Thanks for doing what you do Phin!

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

done, thanks

sent! hope it helps!

“Fish On”

I just received a personal email back from Tom Swatzel, that he will vote against VMS.

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

^^ so did I!

“Fish On”