HUGE fine for not even breaking the law!

SENT!!! Thanks Phin!

2000 2220 KeyWest CC 225ox66 “Drippin Wet”

I sent the emails and joined the recreational fishing alliance. Thank you for making us aware of this. This has gone too far.

By the way, I have had some experience with NOAA on the whale speed limit issue. They would love for ALL vessels to slow down to 10 knots within 50 miles of the coast for 1/2 the year. They started with 65’ and over vessels but they want more. Now they will have a way to track everyone. Get ready. NOAA fisheries does not use reason or real science. That fact should be clear to anyone who bottom fishes. Prepare for more of this.

(**() the man!!! Messages sent.

“Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance”

Grady-White 283 Release
225 Yamaha x2

quote:
Originally posted by handrelease

I sent the emails and joined the recreational fishing alliance. Thank you for making us aware of this. This has gone too far.

By the way, I have had some experience with NOAA on the whale speed limit issue. They would love for ALL vessels to slow down to 10 knots within 50 miles of the coast for 1/2 the year. They started with 65’ and over vessels but they want more. Now they will have a way to track everyone. Get ready. NOAA fisheries does not use reason or real science. That fact should be clear to anyone who bottom fishes. Prepare for more of this.

I’m sure Homeland Security would not mind having an ID and fix on all domestic boats offshore as well. Would make identifying sketchy vessels very easy for them.

You guys need to wake up to what’s happening around us and speak up if you want to be able to get away offshore for some privacy and to enjoy our sport the way our fathers and grandfathers taught us.

Look at how much we have lost in the last few years. I am tired of the apathy of people. Would almost rather see folks oppose me than to look at me and explain, literally explain, why they shouldn’t care one way or another.

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

You are Spot On Wes…so many folks that care about fishing but just sit on their hands and won’t lift a finger to even send an email.

I don’t get it!

Thanks for everything,
NN

07 23 Key West Twin 115 Yammys

www.joinrfa.org/

Emails sent, also emailed everybody I know who fishes the info so they can send them too. Get everybody on your crew to email the reps as well!

Phin you sir have proposed one helluva argument. That being said we as in fishermen/women hav e to band together! We have to get the word out these fukstiks are trying to kill our passion our way of life. Sorry for my sentences my grammer or structure i am a country boy, plus the VO is going down good tonight. I will do what i can just let me know, also emails have been sent.

fish today work tomorrow

In September, the SAFMC will propose new MPA’s off the SC coast that will basically cover the Georgetown Hole south to past the Edisto Banks. These will not be Type II MPA’s which allow trolling but no bottom fishing. The proposed MPA’s will be Type I, which prohibits ALL fishing, both surface and bottom, effectively closing the entire area to any type of fishing.

The reasoning we have been given is that the MPA where we have proposed placing the SC Memorial Reef was established some years ago and nothing has been done to promote/construct critical habitat.

This is why we are pushing very hard to have the SC Memorial Reef completed and placed by June of this summer so that we can show the SAFMC that if given the chance, similar type projects can be completed in other deepwater MPA’s, preserving at least the opportunity for surface fishing while creating habitat to sustain the grouper/snapper populations.

More to come as we learn more, but if you can, please help support the SC Memorial Reef Project.

J. DeStefano

“I won’t insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said”
William F. Buckley, Jr.

Jury trial. Don’t lick their boots.

quote]Originally posted by Phin

$4800 fine.

Can’t go fishing anymore without being a criminal.

(@&%(@)%^#)!%)*?#%!#&%##!%(&)!!!

Picked at the fish all yesterday. Hot color for tuna seemed to be black and purple with pink head.
Missed a wahoo, but got one small one on the planer.

Stopped in 90ft and picked up a few limits of GROWN B-liners for sandwiches once the grease got hot back home.

Got back to the dock, and green jeans asks for everybody’s licenses and then looks into the box and sees the B liners and pulls out the ticket book.

Dude, these things just came back in season. Opened up April 1.

He says no… your VMS shows you were in the Edisto MPA this morning, and I am going to have to write you a ticket for each of those vermilion snappers. $400x12 fish!

WTF!!!

$4800, and I did NOTHING WRONG!

This will be an actual report if you sit back and do nothing while the SAFMC mandates vessel monitoring systems on commercial (and recreational soon to follow) guys.

How?

Deputy Director Gregg Waugh of the SAFMC said this last night on the record: ANY vessel required to have a VMS on board would have to declare a target species before leaving port AND if the target species was in the Snapper-Grouper complex said vessel would NOT be allowed to even enter the MPA or would be in violation of the regulations.

You’d better get informed and learn what you can do to stop this. This month is your chance. You spend hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours doing what you love to do offshore this time of year. Please take 5 minutes and help with this. Take responsibility and stop letting other people worry about it. There will be no more “other people to worry about it” if you don’t help right now.

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

[/quote]

[IMG]http:/

Sent, Thanks Phin for ALL you do!

http://www.safmc.net/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=6BRGvPfpw8g%3D&tabid=789

Over 500 pages of written comments on VMS cannot be ignored!

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Right on Phin!!!

sent e-mail; also sent a snail mail letter to our governor . . .

The amount spent on this entire project SHOULD should be spent on tracking and persecuting foreign illegal gill netters and illegal long-line fishing operations off of all of our coasts . . .

Patrick the starfish: “East? I thought you said Weast!”
PS: “Happy Leif Erickson day Spongebob: Hingadingerdurgen!”

Phin/all:

I slightly changed Phin’s original draft letter to more closely address my own circumstances.

Feel free to copy/edit/change the wording I used to the address list of people Phin had show earlier:

Letter sent:

I oppose VMS on commercial, charter, or recreational fishermen because it will add an economic burden that is not justified, and in many cases VMS will cause people to stop fishing altogether. The closures and restrictions on the fishery have pushed most charter captains and small commercial fishing operations to the brink of closing their doors for good.

VMS and its added costs and burdens, like the subscription fees and declaring targeted species before leaving the port, will put people out of business - costing more job loss in South Carolina. Is increasing unemployment something our state needs to do? A charteree is not going to pay a business to go on a trip where the government is watching them at all times. This initiative will cost “for hire” fishermen countless dollars, and you must understand these realities.

Also, many people will (and I am one) choose to discontinue fishing altogether before placing a monitoring device on their vessels - thus also causing a loss of tax revenues when boat registration fee’s and fishing licenses decrease.

The information on the habits of fishermen that you may desire from these systems will not reflect the natural behaviors in the fishery because the requirement of these systems will in fact change the behavior they seek to record. The very reason many go fishing offshore and spend millions of dollars in our local economy in order to do so is for saltwater offshore fishing’s freedom, and mandating VMS on boats fishing for snapper-grouper species will jeopardize all these millions of dollars in our local economy needlessly.

Furthermore, rather than place additional restrictions on legitimate fishermen, why don’t you place the budgeted funds for VMS into better monitoring and prosecution of illegal gill nett

Done!!!

A bad day fishing sure beats a good day at work
Boat Knot Normal

Bottom scratcter i dont think i would have added the shrimping fleet to that letter. There are few shrimp boats left here and most are standup guys. They need a break also. Not trying to start a war here, we must all stand together a stop this bullshat.

fish today work tomorrow

Sent!!! This is a load of crap!! They will never hear the end of our emails until we get a real solution!!!

2005 29’ Triton
Twin 225 Optimax

“REEL EXPLOSIVE”

Sent!!! This is a load of crap!! They will never hear the end of our emails until we get a real solution!!!

2005 29’ Triton
Twin 225 Optimax

“REEL EXPLOSIVE”

2005 29’ Triton
Twin 225 Optimax

“REEL EXPLOSIVE”

I oppose VMS on commercial, charter, or recreational fishermen because it will add an economic burden that is not justified. In many cases VMS will cause people to stop fishing altogether. The closures and restrictions on the fishery have pushed most charter captains and small commercial fishing operations to the brink of closing their doors for good. VMS and its added costs and hassles, like the subscription fees and declaring targeted species before leaving the port, will put people out of business. A charter is not going to pay a business to go on a trip where the government is watching them at all times. This initiative will cost for hire fishermen countless dollars, and you must understand this.
Many people (including myself) will choose to discontinue fishing altogether before placing a monitoring device on their vessels. The information on the habits of fishermen that you may desire from these systems will not reflect the natural behaviors in the fishery because the requirement of these systems will in fact change the behavior they seek to record. The very reason many go fishing offshore and spend millions of dollars in our local economy in order to do so is for saltwater offshore fishing’s freedom, and mandating VMS on boats fishing for snapper-grouper species will jeopardize all these millions of dollars in our local economy needlessly.
In my opinion this is nothing but a victimization of law abiding citizens. This type of device is nothing different than a ankle tracking device for prosecuted criminals. I am all for fishery management in order to maintain proper balance, but as usual, “Big Brother” takes the management to such an extreme as to try and destroy a recreation passed down for countless generations.
Please oppose VMS in Amendment 30 or any future FMP amendments.

Added a little personalization. Didn’t want to be too repetitious. Thanks for staying on top of this Phin…

Key West 196;150 Yammie

Life Is Good…Gotta Love It!!!