Hunting club for next season and beyond

I am looking for a club to join for 2024 and beyond. I would like for this to be a long term, family friendly setup so I can bring my dad and wife occasionally. I don’t shoot a lot of deer, I try to get 2-3 each season. I’m by no means a “trophy” hunter, but would prefer a club with some sort of management so we have a chance at an nice buck. Small game (Squirrel, dove) would be nice as well. I’m in Summerville (The Ponds), anything within an hour drive would be awesome. Putting this out there now in case anyone knows of an opening, this gives me/them a chance to know each other to determine if it’s a good fit for both. Here’s my cell, text anytime (843-709-2417). Thanks in advance guys.

What areas are you interested in?

Anything an hour or less would be great…Walterboro, Edisto Isl, Ravenel, Ghivans, Ridgeville, maybe as far as Orangeburg if it’s the right fit.

Been thinking about making a post just like this for many seasons now.

Tennispro, you’ve been around here a long time and seem like a super good guy. If there’s a place you end up joining, I’d love to look at being a member too. We would be a 2-3 deer/yr family if I was a better hunter!

Consider me subscribed, wish I had info for you instead!

I’ll keep you posted Barb!

With all due respect, “not a trophy hunter”, and “management” are opposing issues.

Either you find a Club, with a Management program, or, if it’s brown, it’s down.

Not too much leeway…

Sad to say.

That’s fair. To clarify, some of my friends are part of clubs that basically say, if it’s not going on your wall don’t shoot it. Our club, which will be no longer after this season, had a 4 on one side minimum for bucks. I got a 7pt last week and was thrilled to have it. Lots of different types of clubs out there and to each their own…if possible, I’d like this to be a long term club, in which case I think some type of management would be expected.